Complaint Review: NSS Magazine Service Center

NSS Magazine Service Center
, Connecticut U.S.A.

Magazine Service Center bogus charges to my bank account

*0: Phone Number

I ordered some items from a company through their website. While submitting my order, I was asked if I wanted to receive free magazines. I chose 2 and proceeded with my order. This was in Jan 2001. I received my merchandise that I paid for and also received the so-called "free" magazines. I just noticed on my bank account charges for the subscriptions which weren't applied to my account until October 2001. I have sent complaints to the magazines that were sent to me and also to my bank to dispute the charges to my account.

I checked back with the site I ordered my original merchandise from and noticed a statement referring to the Fair Credit Billing Act which they point out does not support claims for using check cards or bank cards (which I used) and that they recommend using a real credit card.

Through further searching I discovered information on the ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER ACT (found this on my bank's website) which covers unauthorized use of ATM debit cards (which my card falls under, assuming).

US CODE TITLE 15, COMMERCE AND TRADE
CHAPTER 41 - CONSUMER CREDIT PROTECTION
SUBCHAPTER VI - ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS
SECTION 1693

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NSS-Magazine-Service-Center/Connecticut/Magazine-Service-Center-bogus-charges-to-my-bank-account-7517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NSS Magazine Service Center