Complaint Review: NSS Magazine Services Center, Synapse Group, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, October 16, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, October 16, 2002

• Reported By:Union City CA
NSS Magazine Services Center, Synapse Group, Inc.
4 High Ridge Park Stanford, Connecticut U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-205-9198
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

NSS Magazine Services Center, Synapse Group Inc ripoff unauthorized debit Stanford Connecticut

NSS Magazine Services Center

Synapse Group, Inc.
4 High Ridge Park
Stanford Connecticut 06905

I had six unauthorized debits and only two cancellations from this company. I have recently recieved Wired Magazine from this company also. I never ordered it. On top of that, I continued to recieve Honey Magazine for months after I cancelled it.

The two differing phone numbers (Billing Inquiry Line) listed beside each debit to my account are each linked to the Magazine Service Center which is an automated service which does not allow you to speak with a real person at any time. That option is not even avaiable. A six digit number is requested when I 'SAY' the option to cnacel. That six digit number is not located beside any of the FOUR debits that were taken from my account after the first TWO magazines were cancelled and refunded to my account.

This mysterious company has caused my bank to charge me overdraft fees to the point that today (10/16/2002) my bank account has been closed. That means that I will probably not be able to be refunded any money that I have lost as a result and it might be reported to credit agencies.

These are the transactions that have taken place.

05/29/2002 NSS*TRVLAMERICA#8R 800-920-3667 -23.94

06/14/2002 NSS*TRVLAMERICA#8R 800-920-3667 -23.94

06/19/2002 NSS*SHAPE MAG#8RNL 800-920-3667 -19.97

09/30/2002 NSS*GLAMOUR MAG#8NW 800-205-9198 -16.00

624103C - Confirmation number for cancellation of Honey.
624102C - Confirmation number for cancellation of Psychology Today.

I not only want the monies that were debited from my account refunded to me, I would also like to have the overdraft fees covered and refunded to me being that the transactions from this company cause the overdraft fees in the first place as well as any future negative marks on my credit to be erased.

I encourage ANYONE who has been a victim of this company to report them and the please make a Ripoff Report on ripoff.com as well.

Union City, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2002 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NSS-Magazine-Services-Center-Synapse-Group-Inc/Stanford-Connecticut-06905/NSS-Magazine-Services-Center-Synapse-Group-Inc-ripoff-unauthorized-debit-Stanford-Connec-32744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NSS Magazine Services Center, Synapse Group, Inc.