qualified

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
NSS Magazine, TWX Magazine
Internet Internet U.S.A.

NSS Magazine, TWX Magazine fraudulent free subscriptions Internet

Like many others, I was sucked in post-purchase into registering for free magazine subscriptions (with a $4 processing fee). A day later my card was charged for $39 in addition to the $4 fee.

I took the advice of a Ripoff Report member and bypassed all the automated voice service stuff at the phone number. The guy I spoke to kept trying to spin my words around. If you talk to someone, just keep saying "Cancel everything and take me off your list immediately." Say you DO NOT want a SINGLE magazine to come to your home from their company, ever.

It wasn't until I snapped at the guy, "This is fraudulent activity and I need my money back immediately" that he stopped trying to sell me and processed the refund--minus $4.

Incredibly annoying and it might just cause me to have overdraft fees.

Melissa
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2006 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NSS-Magazine-TWX-Magazine/internet/NSS-Magazine-TWX-Magazine-fraudulent-free-subscriptions-Internet-192714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NSS Magazine, TWX Magazine