• Report: #102075

• Reported By:Cupertino California
NSS Publishing
800-205-9198 Internet U.S.A.

NSS Publishing rip-off! Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Consumer for NSS- I love NSS!

*UPDATE Employee: NSS Complaints

*Consumer Comment: Tina and John "YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE" ...Just to back up the other 500 or so people who have been RIPPED OFF by NSS or Synapse or whatever the hell that they want to call themselves today!

*Consumer Comment: a**holes

*UPDATE Employee: Are You Reading This?? NSS Magazines is a legitimate, completely legal company

*UPDATE Employee: Listen up!!!

in latest credit card report I found the follwoing
Transaction Details
Transaction Description: Twx*6wx5nx*boating Wld 800-205-9198 Va
Transaction Date 07/26/2004
Posting Date: 07/26/2004
Amount: $18.00
Reference Number: 24692164208000988101363

I try to find who is this and see that a lot off people got the same bill from NSS Company. I found it by seach on the google.com phone number 800-205-9198
And undestood, that my money is stolen

Cupertino, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2004 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NSS-Publishing/internet/NSS-Publishing-rip-off-Internet-102075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NSS Publishing

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Consumer for NSS- I love NSS!

AUTHOR: Betty - (U.S.A.)

I am a consumer who has ordered many magazines from NSS, and I have never been ripped off! In fact, sometimes I feel like I am getting away with trying too many magazines for free! There are strict terms and conditions, so if you can't follow them, then don't participate. I keep a log on my computer of the magazines I've ordered, along with dates so I know my time frame for cancelling the magazines that I do not want. You have a whole year to remember to cancel the magazine, and they even send you a reminder postcard! If you are so unorganized that you cannot keep this stuff straight, then don't use NSS! This is truly a great service. Often, you'll see a magazine and read one great article and think that the magazine is for you. But after subsequent months and sub-standard articles, you might not think it's a good magazine anymore. NSS gives you the option to cancel the magazine and get a full refund. Use NSS properly, abide by their terms and conditions, and you will be very happy with them, like I am!!!

NSS Complaints

AUTHOR: Irene - (U.S.A.)

I work for NSS magazine service and I talk to sometimes 150 people a day. Many remember being offered the magazines and are just calling to cancel. But I have actually talked to customers who admit receiving a magazine for several years but thought it was free. Give me a break! We do have offers for 1 year free but no one is going to give you a magazine free for 5 years. And I've talked to customers getting a magazine for 10 years that never saw the charges on their credit card. Is that our fault? No. It is your responsibility to check your statement. Our phone numbers are always listed with the charge. Yes, we have many phone numbers but that is because many of our calls will tell us when you call where you received the offer. And no magazine orders are mandatory. If an infomercial salesperson tells you you HAVE to take the magazines, don't buy their product! You don't have to take something you don't want.
With the online offers, the terms are fully stated, including continuous service. The lawyers make sure of that. But how many of you read those terms? I know I skim over them. But I accept responsibility for anything that might happen because I didn't take the time to read it. I actually had one customer tell me he wasn't responsible for the magazine charge because "nobody reads that". The information is provided; how are we at fault because you didn't take advantage of it?
Our orders come from many sources. We offer magazines through retail stores, credit card offers, infomercials, catalog companies and with current customers, sometimes direct mail. We do not call anyone offering them. That's not our practice.
And we do send out reminder postcards letting our customers know when the next charge is scheduled. I talk to customers all the time who have received it. It's not our fault if someone throws it away without reading it.
And why does everyone act like continuous service is new? There are many companies that do it. Do you have a credit card protection program through your credit card? AOL? My gym even deducts automatically from my account. My Playboy subscription is directly through the publisher, not NSS, and they renew it automatically and I paid by check! But they sent me a reminder notice so I know it's due. Because I read it.
So, if you don't want our magazines, fine. Just say NO! Or know the terms before you agree. The offers through credit cards have our phone number. Please call with any questions. Ask what you will be charged. I welcome those questions. I would rather have informed customers than get yelled at because you didn't take the time to know what you were getting into.
Know that risk free does not mean free. It means you will be charged but have a money back guarantee. And check your credit cards statements monthly. If people are missing our charges, they're missing others. And I've seen comments about different states listed for NSS. It is based in CT but as with many large companies, they do have offices in other states as well. VA, FL, and NY. I work out of a contracted call center in ME and we have another call center in OR.
As for the automated system, it does help a lot of people but if it's not working for you, press 0, give it a moment and press 0 again. She will transfer you. I know; I've used it. I'm an NSS customer as well as an employee.

TSR Maine
Just to back up the other 500 or so people who have been RIPPED OFF by NSS or Synapse or whatever the hell that they want to call themselves today (to avoid being caught by the authorities) First the other two paid lying idiots who tried to defend this organization should go pound sand up their @sses. I have probably lost $500 in vacation and sick time trying to get these jerkoffs to credit my acct. BUT WE HAVE SOME EVEN BIGGER @SSHOLES IN THIS SCAM.

yeah, they are the ones who allow the jerkoffs to charge this bullshit to us and then side with them about "reoccuring charges" of course you never authorized them the first time, but once they are resubmitted they then are considered "reoccuring"
so I don't need some other jerkoff to come on here and tell me that's not how it works because IT IS HOW IT WORKS

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

Why are you people responding like that? She didn't say if she was ever recieving magazines. Maybe she forgot she ordered them or maybe she really got ripped off.
And Tina I hope you are not in customer service anymore. And if you think most of us Americans cannot read above 8th grade level why are bothering to explain anything. Remember we're all morons. Wish the rest of us could be like you.

Are You Reading This?? NSS Magazines is a legitimate, completely legal company

AUTHOR: Tina - (U.S.A.)

I was employed by the above company at one point in time. NSS Magazines is a legitimate, completely legal company. In the last 30 years this company has had no complaints until now...Why you ask?? Today the average American cannot read nor write above an 8th grade level. To all you morons who cannot read and or comprehend let me explain; The offers presented to you the consumer, are as clear as night and day as the offers do state that your account will be charged! If your still not understanding that means you WILL have to pay for the magazines or merchandise. Nothing in life is free and if your parents did not inform you of this then shame on them. The promotions that you receive are approved by your credit card companies, accepted by catalog companies, and presented through internet providers. If your unhappy with the promotions or offers I ask you present it to the parties who presented it to you directly. If you feel your being ripped off, think twice the terms of the offer are right in front of your face. Your credit card or your internet provider, even your favorite catalog will offer you magazines in affiliation with this company. They present you with the promotions. You think NSS is the only one making a buck off your dumb a*s mistake when you can't read the promotions, think again, they are too!! In the future, all I ask is that my previous employers name not be destroyed because your incompetance, if you do not understand an offer or promotion, call the 800 number on the promotion and a representative would be more than happy to answer your questions and clarify what the majority of you cannot obviously understand. Oh, by the way and FYI cont. service means that unless you call to cancel your magazines, they will be charged every year. Are you pissed because your cable company charged you this month for you cable without asking you before hand, what about your electric company or your cell phone carrier; they figure you want the service unless you tell them otherwise. It's not the company's fault that you cannot read the promotions, and then when you are charged its fraud or the charges are unauthorized. Stop the bitchin and open your d**n eyes to what is clearly written in front of you. It's not the company's fault that you are uneducated individuals.

Listen up!!!

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Look people out there that dont have anything better to do with your time then get on a post your gripes page....This is what is going on. You dumb people out there with the privlidge of owning a credit card, are going out and spending money right and left....getting your pilates videos....and ordering your silk panties over the phone....after you place your order...you get an OPTION! to order magazines...it is your decisions to get the d**n mags in the first place...then you get pissed cuz you get a charge...Oh the one that I love is when you get a knock on your door...and there is a person there wanting to sell you mags...and what the hell do you say....sure i will take some....ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS NO!! well you know what being that you have a credit card...you know one huge fact...NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE! Then you give us a call crying that you got a charge on your account...giving us a bunch of lies saying that...."well I dont remember ordering these" duh! cuz you where to caught up in getting those silk panites or your excersise videos. Guess what people everything that we do i NICE AND LEGAL! and guess what it is people like you that keep us in buisness.
Thank you guys very much for keeping money in my pocket.....I LOVE YOU! And enjoy your magazines.