Complaint Review: NSS SUBSCRIPTIONS - Synapse Connect

• Submitted: Tue, December 02, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, December 02, 2003

• Reported By:Longview Washington
NSS SUBSCRIPTIONS - Synapse Connect
PO Box 670 Nationwide U.S.A.

NSS SUBSCRIPTIONS, Synapse Connect ripoff! fraudulant charges to VISA. Nationwide

I believe this company farmed my VISA account number from an online survey/"free" magazine trial subscription even though I did not type in my account info on that window. I did not and have not *knowingly* had a paid subscription or done any other kind of business with this company.

Other "legitimate" companies contacted me about renewing the "free" magazines I selected. I was sent a mailer from Synapse Connect, Inc. informing of their intention to "renew" my subscription to two magazines. One of which I no longer receive and the other I get straight from the publisher for half the price Synapse charged me for it.

I tried to stop them from "renewing" the subscriptions I never had through them, but the 800# is automated and will not accept the "subscription ID" number they give you so that you have no means to cancel the subscriptions you never had, or stop them from charging your card.

These creeps have "offices" all over the country apparently as my mailer came "from" Synapse Connect, Inc Magazine Processing Center, PO Box 670, Newburgh, NY 12551 but my return postcard was to be sent to Magazine Processing Center, PO Box #####, Salt Lake City, UT 84130-9806.

I am contacting the Attorney General, Chamber of Commerce, Consumer Affairs Office, etc. in both of these states and I intend to contact the BBB and my state's Attorney General as well. I will also be attempting to file a complaint with VISA corporation and will ask them why they allow this company to continue to make charges against VISA cardholder accounts!

William
Longview, Washington

Click here to see why we deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2003 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NSS-SUBSCRIPTIONS-Synapse-Connect/nationwide/NSS-SUBSCRIPTIONS-Synapse-Connect-ripoff-fraudulant-charges-to-VISA-Nationwide-73793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NSS SUBSCRIPTIONS - Synapse Connect