Complaint Review: NSS Subscriptions

• Updated: Sun, August 19, 2012

• Reported By: ripped off — Tennessee United States of America
NSS Subscriptions
4 High Ridge Park STAMFORD, Connecticut United States of America

NSS Subscriptions SHOWS ON CREDIT BILL AS "TWX" RECURRING CREDIT CARD CHARGES FOR MAGAZINES THAT WERE NOT ORDER. DISPUTED CHARGES WITH BANK, AND MONEY WAS REFUNDED. THOUGHT THAT WAS THE END OF THE SUBSCRIPTION, BUT THE MAGAZINES KEPT COMING. A C STAMFORD, Connecticut

Beware of receiving magazines that you did not order; NSS magazines (shows as TWX on credit statement) is notorious for fraudulently sending magazines that have not been ordered and charging your credit card.  I saw suspicious charges on 3 accounts and disputed them with my bank.  Today I spotted a charge for $102 and decided to track down the source.

It was from NSS magazines.  I called their number and skipped the whole automated process by pressing "0."  I was told that because of a survey I participated in, I received free magazines which after the free period then went to automatic renewal.  I responded that I never took a survey.  And surveys do not ask you for your credit card number (nor would I ever enter such information).  How did NSS obtain my credit card number.

Suffice it to say, I told the operator that I wanted all magazines cancelled (turns out there were 4 of them!) and a credit issued to my account.  I also plan to notify the BBB .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2012 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NSS-Subscriptions/STAMFORD-Connecticut-06905/NSS-Subscriptions-SHOWS-ON-CREDIT-BILL-AS-TWX-RECURRING-CREDIT-CARD-CHARGES-FOR-MAGAZIN-929492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NSS Subscriptions