Complaint Review: NSS magazines

• Submitted: Thu, August 30, 2001
  • Updated: Thu, August 30, 2001

• Reported By:Austin TX
NSS magazines
PO Box 670 Newburgh,, New York U.S.A.

I guess I'll first start off with my day of confusion!!!! I had a call from a company that will remain nameless ffor protection, but was told I would get another phonecall for verification, about a sweepstakes entry. (Before I go on, let me make clear this co. did nothing wrong!!!!) Anyway, long shortr of it, I got another call back on the same day, stating that she was calling me back for a verification, so I figured,"o.k.", well, 2 weeks later, I get a charge for the amount I was quoted on the phone by the 1st company and then 2 days later, I get a charge for $73.00 from them, also(I thought it was them, but it wasn't...let me explain).

I called the 1st company days on end and finally reaching the supervisor
I found out that, and yes, it proved to be the truth, that a company by the name of NSS can call , get records, and call back immediately after claiming to be the company that just called.

Well, as I was still talking to him, I was doing a search on the web, this was the first to come up, and I read the ladies complaint, and me and the supervisor were both in awe!!!!!

When we hung up, I called the number, it was automated and so I cancelled both subscriptions! I was told I'd get a reefund, but we will see.

If I am confusing anyone, I am sorry, but you can imagine how IU felt!!!! The supervisor told me that they had that done before and complained but noone could do anything because they are allowed to get away with it!

So, my card is floating around this NSS cxompany and who knows, maybe next month I'll get billed for buying the TAJMUHALL and not know it.

I have no earthly idea how they knew I was contacted, and I was expecting a verification call, but I did and that is why I didn't think twice, because I knew I would get a call.

If I do not see a refund of $73.00 I will be back on here complaining!!!!! The 1st company I mentioned was very legit. and understanding and cancelled my payment with no questions asked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NSS-magazines/Newburgh-New-York-12551/NSS-MAGAZINES-GETS-CC-NUMBERS-WOUT-PERMISSION-Credit-Card-Fraud-6426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NSS magazines