plain

• Updated: Tue, January 17, 2012

• Reported By: Bill in Cleveland — Fairview Park Ohio United States of America
NTB National Tire & Battery
6921 Pearl Rd Middleburg Hts, Ohio United States of America

NTB National Tire & Battery Inflated Bill on Single Tire Purchase Middleburg Hts, Ohio

*Author of original report: National Tire & Battery, Middleburg Hts, OH

I blew out an expensive Dunlop Signature Sport tire on the freeway.  As I had bought two I wanted to match it and went to the same company where I'd bought the others.  They said it would be $119, take till Monday to order it in (it was Friday evening) and took a $25 deposit.  It came in Monday and they installed it.  I didn't look closely at the bill (MISTAKE- you shuld get a written estimate first too; I'm old enough to know better) until I got home.  This is what I found:

They added a "ServiceCentral Roadside Hazard" warranty at $15.50 without asking me

They charged me $16.99 for tire installation including balancing- this wasn't mentioned either.  I ex-pected there would be a charge but how much should be explained beforehand. I used to work in gas stations for the Stranded Oil Company and we pre-explained charges.

Next time I'm going to call around to all the tire store chains, get complete estimates over the phone for the tire i want preselected from Consumer Reports plus mandatory installation charges, and go for the lowball provided they put the estimate in writing.

Don't let them take you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTB-National-Tire-Battery/Middleburg-Hts-Ohio-44130/NTB-National-Tire-Battery-Inflated-Bill-on-Single-Tire-Purchase-Middleburg-Hts-Ohio-820441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NTB National Tire & Battery

National Tire & Battery, Middleburg Hts, OH

AUTHOR: Bill in Cleveland - (United States of America)

The store manager contacted me because their corporate office picked up on my Ripoff Report and wanted it looked into.  He said the person who took my order was a trainee and he was sorry she didn't ask me whether I wanted the road hazard guarantee before adding it to my bill. in twelve years of being the store manager he didn't do business that way.

He offered to credit my credit card if I would stop by, give me store credit for the amount, or send me a gift card.  I opted for the gift card as his store is not near my home; I went there because my tire blew out on the freeway in the vicinity.  He also said I would retain the road hazard warranty free of charge.

It seems to me that NTB is trying to clean up their image and i am more than satisfied with the honest way I was treated after they knew there was a problem.  I would now use the company again as they're almost everywhere.

Therefore i am withdrawing my complaint. I appreciate Ripoff Report's help in resolving this.

Bill in Cleveland