Complaint Review: NTB Store 613 in Alexandria VIRGINIA

• Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: asdfuie — Idaho
NTB Store 613 in Alexandria VIRGINIA
7734 Richmond Hwy Alexandria, VA 22306 Internet USA

JOSE (Store Manager) Blatant, Callous, Skilled, Boldfaced Liar Alexandria,  Virginia

This report is written specifically to warn the consumer of a certain store manager at NTB in Alexandria VA named Jose.  I do know know his last name but he is not a trustworthy fellow in my opinion.

I cannot believe that a 19.99 oil change would lead to such horrendous service.  I went to National Tire and Batteries in Alexandria VA, near Hybla Valley, down Richmond 1 highway.

My check engine light was on that day and it had been going on and off the last couple of weeks.  Jose turned my car on and saw the check engine light and told me that he cannot perform the oil change unless I do a $112 diagnostic.  WHAT THE FUCK DOES A $112 DIAGNOSTIC HAVE TO DO WITH OIL CHANGE?  He could just hooked up a machine to my car and read the output codes.  JOSE adamantly told me that I MUST GET THE $112 DIAGNOSTIC BECAUSE it is store policy and if they don't do it they will be held liable.  A MANDATORY $112 DIAGNOSTIC IS NOT STORE POLICY.  I called up JOSE'S REGIONAL MANAGER Mark Simon who told me that while a check engine light warrants a simple diagnostic, the diagnostic is supposed to be free and if the check engine light has nothing to do with oil changes, the oil change should proceed.

I confronted JOSE the morning after the incident and JOSE, being the fox that he is, told me that it is STORE POLICY to get me to do a $112 diagnostic if my check engine light is on before NTB can perform an oil change.  I told him I will call his regional supervisor RIGHT NOW and we can all have a chat over speaker phone.  JOSE, being the fox that he is, basically acted like I should get lost and went inside to talk to his regional supervisor alone.  Afterwards, I called the Regional Manager mark simon to report what happened.  Mark SImon promised to take care of this treachery but I'm not sure how much he can do.  But this ripoff report is about JOSE, the store manager at NTB 613.

JOSE is a callous liar who pretends like I, the consumer, is an idiot.  He tried to strong arm me into paying $112 dollars for some useless diagnostic and REFUSED to do an oil change unless I did the $112 diagnostic.  If you are a consumer who ever runs across JOSE at NTB #613 located at 7734 Richmond HWY Alexandria VA 22306, I highly advise you to change to another NTB store or another service station.  IF JOSE lies about this what other lies is he telling his customers (victims)?

Be very careful.

7734 Richmond HWY
Alexandria Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTB-Store-613-in-Alexandria-VIRGINIA/internet/JOSE-Store-Manager-Blatant-Callous-Skilled-Boldfaced-Liar-Alexandrianbsp-Virginia-1065417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NTB Store 613 in Alexandria VIRGINIA