Complaint Review: NTB

• Updated: Tue, March 20, 2012

• Reported By: Mark — Vincennes Indiana United States of America
NTB
186 South Weber Road Bolingbrook, Illinois United States of America

NTB National Tire & Battery NTB found a nail in tire, said they removed and patched it but did not Bolingbrook, Illinois

*Author of original report: The ripoff is...

*Consumer Comment: Where is the ripoff?

We had traveled up to Naperville from southern Indiana to visit family one weekend.  On the Sunday when we were leaving, I noticed that the pressure in my passenger rear tire was at about 14 psi.  I took my car into NTB in Bolingbrook since it was the closest place around.  They said there would be about an hour wait.

After about an hour, they called and said they found a nail in my tire and would remove it and patch it up.  So it didn't take long and we got in the car and went back to southern Indiana.  The next morning, I get up and notice the tire pressure is low again in the same tire.  I thought it was just the tire adjusting or something and fill it up on my own.  The next morning, the tire pressure is still low.  So I take my car to Big O Tires in Washington, who is also affiliated with NTB.  They tell me that there is still a nail in the tire and NTB just put a bead seal around the nail and did not even remove it!  I was dumbfounded and so was the manager at Big O Tires.  There was not even a patch anywhere on the tire.

Luckily, Big O removed the nail for free since they were affiliated, but still, the nail should have been removed in the first place at NTB.  I had to drive 40 minutes to Big O and wait an hour and then 40 minutes back.  So the next day, I called the manager at NTB, and explained to him the situation.  He tried to say that maybe I picked up a new nail in the exact same spot but Big O did not even find a patch, which would still show.  He also tried to say that maybe the technician was not able to get the nail out, but that is not true since Big O showed me the nail and they were able to get it out just fine.  He refunded my money back and gave me a free oil change.

My father in law was thinking about buying tires for his Lexus here, but not anymore.  Very disappointed with the whole situation and will never go back to NTB again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2012 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTB/Bolingbrook-Illinois-60490/NTB-National-Tire-Battery-NTB-found-a-nail-in-tire-said-they-removed-and-patched-it-but-856612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NTB

The ripoff is...

AUTHOR: ramnation - (United States of America)

The ripoff is that they didn't do it right the first time.  Then I had to take time out of my busy day to go get it fixed by another dealer, who was also confused as to why they didn't do the repair originally.  The second repair was then written off by Big O tires.  Three people at Big O took the time for free do actually do the repair.

Where is the ripoff?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

You got your tire fixed, a refund for the original fix and a free oil change.

Let's see if I understand:

Yuo took your car in to get it fixed, they thought they fixed it but they didn't so they fixed it again and refunded your money for your trouble?

The way I see it is you got your tire fixed for free and a fre oil change, sounds like the company did you right.