Complaint Review: NTB

• Updated: Thu, February 06, 2014

• Reported By: Leslie — Monroe Georgia
NTB
4135 US 78 Lilburn, Georgia USA

NTB, Henry - this is the service manager who greeted me on this particular day Does not care about their women costomers or safety Lilburn Georgia

On my way to work, I ran over something gashing my tire and it starting leaking air.  Since I happend to be right there, I went to the Nissan dealer, where I had purchased my car. After waiting only 20 minutes or so for them to inspect the tire they said they could not plug it, but it could probably be patched from the inside of the tire. They could not do that, so they sent me to the NTB right next door in front of Home Depot.

So, I got there and the gentleman at the front desk, Henry, who gave me his card seemed nice and said that they would look at it and sent me back to the waiting area.  Walked back to the waiting area and one of the techs was sitting there watching TV.  As soon as he saw me, he stood up and left the room... OK I thought, he's going to go take a look at my tire....  I am so far the only customer there.   Another tech walks in, gets his cup of coffee and walks out to the garage where the other tech is and he sits down drinks his coffee as the two stand there and talk....  about 20 minutes go by, they pull my car in and another customers car who just came in into the garage to check them out.  The techs continue to stand there and talk...  I go up to the front to ask how much longer before I hear an answer on my tire.  "Oh, they are pulling the tire off to look at it now".  I go back to the waiting room look out the window and the techs are still talking. This has been about 45 minutes now.  Trying to be patient, I wait a few more minutes. I go back to the front and another guy is standing there. I said "Are they going to look at the tire or just sit there and have a conversation?"  The guy said I know I just sent someone back there..

OK, so I go back to the waiting room and noticed they were finally raising the car up to look at the tire.  OK so now its been a little over an hour in the waiting room.  The guy at the front desk comes back to talk to me.. "Did the guy come talk to you about your tire?"  No, I said... OK lets go back there... So we walk back to the car to see the tire, "did he show you the tire?"  No, but I've already seen it, the dealership showed it to me.

When we got to my car, the guy was sitting down, he had to get up and walk me to the back of the car.  The tire was still on the car!  The tech told me he couldn't fix it because the tire was leaking and if it got water in it it would rust the wheel.  Really?  You know I may be a women but that doesn't mean I have stupid written across my forehead.  You didn't even bother to take the tire off the car and test it or even look to see how big the hole is inside the tire and try to patch it?  How lazy can you get!  They told me the tire had to be replaced.

So, I got on the phone to see if there happened to be some sort of warranty on the tires on my brand new car and of course there isn't if there is damage to the tire after running over something.  Well, it doesn't hurt to ask before purchasing another new tire right?  As I was on the phone the tech took the liberty of putting air back into my punctured tire and pulled it back up to the front of the store.  This estimates into almost 2 hours of sitting in this place with nothing accomplished and they pull my car up to the front of the store without putting my spare on for me?  The tire is leaking air people!

Well, I am free to go wherever I want!  Then as I am getting back into my car, Henry at the front told me, now remember you have a spare tire, you can always use that until you can replace your tire...  Really?  You really care about your customers safety and quality of service huh?

Left there and went to Discount Tire whom I have had great service with before and have been very pleased.  I told them to look at my tire to see if they can patch it and if not I'll buy the tire from them.  And guess what the best part is. They were able to patch it! Took them 20 minutes and they had 3 or four cars in front of me!   I sat there and watched them take the tire off of the car, they tested it and inspected it, they patched it, they tested it again and inspected it. And it only took them 20 - 30 minutes.  I asked them how big the gash was inside the tire and they said it wasn't big at all.  Really?  So the guy at NTB didn't even inspect the tire?

After finally getting to work, I called and filed a complaint with NTB.  The store called me back after about an hour later. And wouldn't you know it, the manager told me he was getting a different story from the employees!  And the tech told me he inspected the tire.  Oh my!  Well, of course they are telling you a different story.  They don't want to get into trouble!  I don't know how you can inspect a tire unless you take it off the car!  You know I felt like he was calling me a liar.   It doesn't take a genious to sit in the waiting area looking though the window to the garage and watch your only two techs back there having a great conversation looking back at the window and watching that I am taking notice that nothing is being done!  And I think they did that becuase I am a women!  Especially after Henry the service manager sent me on my way reminding me I have a spare tire.  Really?  So thoughtful of him.

WILL NEVER GO HERE AGAIN!  And want everyone to know never to trust these guys.  And I will call the Nissan dealer to tell them NOT to send their customers there either!  I would have wasted around $150.00 - $200.00 on a brand new tire that was unnecessary!  Not good buisness!  And to think the emplyees would lie about this when everyone in the waiting room can see what they are doing?  Here's your sign people! It must be nice to have a mangager to back you up!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTB/Lilburn-Georgia-30047/NTB-Henry-this-is-the-service-manager-who-greeted-me-on-this-particular-day-Does-not-1121392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NTB