Complaint Review: NTTA - North Texas Tollway Athority

• Submitted: Thu, December 10, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, December 10, 2009

• Reported By: Sweepea74 — Carollton Texas United States of America
NTTA - North Texas Tollway Athority

NTTA - North Texas Tollway Athority Bamboozled by Texas Tollway Authority Internet

I moved to Carrollton, TX from Dallas in April..before I moved I updated my change of address with Texas Department of Public Safety. A few days ago I received a letter from NTTA with my old address and a forward sticker with my new address. I opened the letter thinking it was a toll tag bill (since I do not have a tolltag) that I needed to pay. Well lo and behold the bill was there, but in the amount of $853.98!!! It was a violation invoice. I immediately called NTTA and spoke to Valerie. She told me that initially there was a bill sent out to my address for the $28.98 in toll fees, but since they have not been paid (because I never received an invoice) the amount due was changed into a violation invoice and $825.00 in Administartive fees was added !!! WTH?? I told her that I did update my information, but she said that I also need to update my address with TX.GOV.NET!!! What? Really? Since when? She than asked me to hold the line...when she finally came back she told me that she spoke to her supervisor and she graciously knocked off 80% so I would then owe $152.73 and I would also need to get a tolltag! I feel completely bamboozled and helpless. I do not feel that I should pay for any anminstrative fees. Someone please help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2009 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTTA-North-Texas-Tollway-Athority/internet/NTTA-North-Texas-Tollway-Athority-Bamboozled-by-Texas-Tollway-Authority-Internet-537407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NTTA - North Texas Tollway Athority