- Report: #542592
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: NTTA - North Texas Tollway Authority
NTTA - North Texas Tollway Authority5900 W. Plano Pkwy #200 Plano, Texas United States of America
NTTA - North Texas Tollway Authority NTTA NTTA - Scam - Words of Judge Yarborough! Plano, Texas
1.Do you know, WHO IS THE NTTA?
I reported to court after being arrested and sent to jail. Was demanded to give $2,600.00 cash at 11pm on Sunday night to be released, no attorney bond allowed, no bond allowed from bail bonds, cash only. The only thing an attorney could do for me is bring the cash. Pay or stay. In the incredible nightmare, never ending might i add, i learned a few facts that everyone who is victim to this scam might be interested in........
While at the court, i asked the 2 hit men, collection of loan shark's,....oops i meant, representatives of the NTTA, "Who is the NTTA, and why can't they access the current addresses from the DPS to obtain current addresses to send these over inflated bills? Here is where it get's interesting. I was told, "we are not a private company, they are not a corporation, the board of directors was appointed by the Governor and that the NTTA was like the policing agency." OK, what ever! I responded, "Then why can't you access correct addresses of my driver's license on file with the DPS? Instead, you are going off of old toll tag that has not been used in over 3 years or tags to car that i sold 6 years ago?" Oh we are not a state entity, we cannot access those records. Hum, appointed by the Governor, can facilitate you being incarcerated, but not state entity????? WEBSITE OF NTTA: WHO ARE WE?
The NTTA, a political subdivision of the State of Texas under Chapter 366 of the Transportation Code, is empowered to acquire, construct, maintain, repair and operate turnpike projects; to raise capital for construction projects through the issuance of Turnpike Revenue Bonds; and to collect tolls to operate, maintain and pay debt service on those projects.
The Authority has representatives from Collin, Denton, Dallas and Tarrant counties, as well as one surrounding county, on its Board of Directors and is dedicated to fulfilling it's mission:
To enhance mobility through responsible and innovative tolling solutions.
2. Did you know that we have no debtors prison in the USA? Not even if you owe the IRS do you go to jail. Only when you file fraudulently do you go to jail. Quite the opposite with this company. The NTTA, thru the court system of Judge Yarborough, have the ability to send you to jail, incarcerate you, take your freedom. I mean real jail, where you have own small locked cell, in which they make no effort to assist you to contact the appropriate outside help to get you out. The NTTA does not even have to prove you did it! NTTA claims that they do not take pictures of the person driving the car, as it is a violation of privacy. Like the humiliation of jail was not a violation of my privacy. I explained that Houston does not have this problem. I was informed they do but they file leans and can come take your home and car if you do not pay. I said, yes but at least when you pull up to live attendants with a cross bar, you know that you actually did not pay. MUST READ!!!
While listening in court, the NTTA rep. was speaking with Judge Yarbarough and they were discussing enforcing restitution. He stated, he felt he could only enforce restitution owed to the courts. The NTTA was attempting to get him to enforce their restitution also. He stated, "If that is what the NTTA wants, then I will need additional help." The NTTA rep. responded, "There is no way you would be provided more help, I had to beg to keep your court clerk." So........................... the NTTA pays for Judge Yarborough's court! You decide.......
Judge Yarborough quoted, "This is a poorly designed, poorly managed project and unfortunately we are paying the price. We are not just paying the price by driving on the tollway. The basis for notification is thru the mail. I realize most of you have moved and most do not get these notices from the the court files case after attempt by the highway patrol to contact you.
3. The NTTA charge exuberant and over customary charges, over and above actual toll fees, and call it........ Administrative Fees!
Good thing cities cannot abide by these statutes, the speeding tickets could be as much as $2,000 - $5,000.
I asked, "Out of curiosity, how much of the $770 is actual toll fees?" The answer, $20.00. Out of the $874..... $24, etc, etc, etc, etc. The rep's boasted that the statute allows them to charge 100% like other tollways, but they are nice and do not follow the allowed guidelines. I am not sure what math system they are rendering but last i checked, 100% of $24.00 is $24.00, not $874.00.
Judge Yarborough was not aware of this little fact. So in realitiy I went to jail over about $100.00. Forget what this has cost me in towing and impounding my car, missing work and humiliation to my family, friends, and boss. The emotional scar of having yourself violated and locked up like an animal, crying the entire time and for days following!!!!!
Judge Yarborough met with me on an open docket day when NTTA was not present and I have to say, wow what a difference. He actually appeared sympathetic to my cause and informed me to write my state representatives. On the day when the NTTA was present, I got a very different attitude. This is the law and this is just the way it is. Little did i know that the NTTA was the court's boss and financial institution. The court clerk stated in response to the inflated cost that there was talk about the NTTA changing the administrative fees. On the day when the NTTA was present, i asked them about possible changes. I was informed if they changed it would be to increase not decrease the administrative fees.
If you keep a system extremely confusing, no one can figure it out. Just the way this company wants it. I promise on my last dying breath that if a public investigation is set forth, you will find HANDS IN THE COOKIE JARS, but just how many people are indirectly profiting from this corruption.
Anyone with any political are legal power willing to analyze this?????
Sincerely, RIPPED OFF!
This is not where my nightmare ends. There is a $5,000 outstanding on a car i sold yrs ago and did not file a form i had never heard of to make sure car was taken out of my name.
This does not include the court fines associated with this nightmare.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2009 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTTA-North-Texas-Tollway-Authority/Plano-Texas-75026/NTTA-North-Texas-Tollway-Authority-NTTA-NTTA-Scam-Words-of-Judge-Yarborough-Plano-542592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)