Complaint Review: NTTA

• Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: Survey — Dallas Texas United States of America
P.O. Box 660244 Internet, Texas United States of America

NTTA North Texas Tollway Authority Unfair Billing Practices Internet, Texas

I received a bill for $7.00 in July 2012 and had questions about it since there were charges from a year prior so I wanted to make sure I wasn't overpaying. It was explained to me and I paid it. That check was later returned saying that I had overpaid, so I thought that was what happened and I let it go.

3 months later I get a "SECOND NOTICE OF NONPAYMENT" (I never received a FIRST) with a $33.00 fee added for a new total of $40!! I called to ask what the problem was and they tell me that because I have 2 cars that payment was applied to the wrong car and so the check was returned and that what I should have done was realized that something was wrong in their system, which I know nothing about and which evidently does not go by the customer and the customer's name, but by BY CAR.

I told them I would happily pay the original $7.00 but would like the $33 waived since there was a misunderstanding by me and I mis-application of payment by them - they refused. It's like robbery b/c now if I don't pay the $40 it grows and grows and then goes to collections. This is about the 3rd or 4th issue I've had with them and I refuse to use the tollway from here on out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTTA/Internet-Texas-75266/NTTA-North-Texas-Tollway-Authority-Unfair-Billing-Practices-Internet-Texas-956194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NTTA