Complaint Review: NTTA

• Updated: Fri, October 19, 2012

• Reported By: Doc — Midlothian Texas United States of America
5900 West Plano Parkway Plano, Texas United States of America

NTTA North Texas Tollway Authority Fail to follow their own policy Plano, Texas

I have been using the New George Bush Tollway.I am only one it 3 maybe 4 times every month or two

In july I made a couple of trips and received a bill in Aug. I used it in Aug and received a bill in Sept

In Sept I forgot to pay by the due date. I called the day after and ask if I had to pay the late fee being one day late and was told if i pay by phone they would waive it. I was also told I had unbilled fees for sept that I could pay at this same time.

I told them fine I will pay it all and then ask now I have a zero balance and was assured it was zero

At the end of Sept I checked my account and it was still zero. Today Oct 17 I get a bill for 26 puss dollars for fees for July and August. I call and explain that I had paid those fees and was told I had not as they had not been billed to me. I can't prove this as I have thrown the old invoices away and you can't see them on line.

The guy said if you had kept your invoices you could see you had not payed as you had not been charged ,we did not add them on. I had no reason to keep it. Well, you should have and you do now. I ask how long do I need to keep them ? I  don't  know and can't tell you how long to keep them

I was told they do random billing you may get part of it one month and then three or 4 months latter or even longer  they  may send you a bill for the rest of it. There is no time frame how far they can back up to bill you fees.

This is aganist their own policy which states they will send an immediate bill for over 30 transactions and will bill in 30 days any transactions less than 29.

This is well over 60 days . If I go that long without paying I am charged late fees and administrative fees

I threw the bill away and then remembered I had just been on the tollway and thought I would get the address and call and get the current charges what a shock to open and see it was bill for old charges

This is not right and should not be allowed. How many are caught like this not knowing they may still owe a bill ? I thought my letter was just to show I had a zero balance.

This is no more than a leagl scam or ripoff. If you don't pay it adds up and can even be carried to court it is time the state steps in and stops this

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2012 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTTA/Plano-Texas-75093/NTTA-North-Texas-Tollway-Authority-Fail-to-follow-their-own-policy-Plano-Texas-957145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NTTA