Complaint Review: NTTA

• Updated: Mon, July 09, 2012

• Reported By: Donny — carrolltoon Texas United States of America
NTTA
5900 West Plano Parkway Plano, Texas United States of America

NTTA North Texas Tollway Authority Sent me over two years worth of tickets, that I knew nothing about. Plano, Texas

I moved to Texas in 2010. I was not familar with tolls. I seen toll manned toll booths at some places , so I pulled over to put money in the bucket. I was unware that you will be tolled even if you see not manned tolls around. This was new to me. So last week I got bills from the NTTA starting from June 2010 being charged almost every day for toll fees. I contacted them and advised them how come I am just now getting these bills?

I would have stop traveling on these so called toll roads or bought a toll tag if I would have know about this. I asked them does it make sense if I did this on purpose to travel almost everyday through these tolls? They said it does not matter. The first person I spoke to advised me that it took so long because I had out of state tags and they did not have permission to search it. That did not make sense, so I escalted the call to a supervisor, who gave me a different answer. She said they go through a 3rd party vender, so it is on them if it takes two years to find me.

I escalted the call again and was finally told that it didnt matter if I did not know and that they can cleary tell that I most likely had no idea about how the toll system worked and that it they would of got bills to me sooner, I would not have all these expensive charges. I want to make note that the first person I spoke to said to me, that they get many out of state tags with people who have over $1000.00 worth of bills. I asked her if it is there process to hold onto bills until they charge up high, and then finally attempt to find the victim.

Sounds like a scam to me, please if a law suit is in the works count me in. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2012 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTTA/Plano-Texas-75093/NTTA-North-Texas-Tollway-Authority-Sent-me-over-two-years-worth-of-tickets-that-I-knew-no-909143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NTTA