Complaint Review: NTTA

• Reported By: lynn4289 — DALLAS Texas United States of America
NTTA
5900 WEST PLANO PKWY Internet United States of America

NTTA Overcharged, sent to collections and was not late. Price gouging. Internet

I'm worried about my toll bill turning into a warrant as well as the other people who have been arrested without receiving a notice in the mail. I don't use the tollway much, so I don't have a tag and just pay it when it comes in the mail. I want a tag, but can't get one now. I received my usual toll bill in the mail and tried to pay it. I sent a money order and they sent it back saying they had sent it to collections because it was late. It was only two weeks late when I sent it. I even put an extra two dollars just in case it would be late. The bill was for, for some reason, two months worth of toll's. Total dollar amount,$68.00. Then the collections agency say's it's now $500.00. Now it is over $1500.00. By the time it goes to court, it will be over 10 grand.The return date on the letter of the returned money order is still before the due date on the original first payment. I have another vehicle under another name that I use every week on the tollway under a different name, and it gets paid on time as well. The most recent bill is just now for July.

It is so far behind, that I can't remember if the dates are correct.Their billing center issued a statement on the news a few months ago saying that there IS a problem in that department. How can they get away with arresting people when they have admitted their billing system is flawed?It has been 8 months now and I haven't received any other letters from anyone. I am a single parent and was recently was laid off from my job and I am taking care of my mother who is a heart patient here at my house. If I get arrested for this, and go to jail and lose my kids and mother for the NTTA having a flawed billing system,I will be out of luck. They are the only family I have and they can't get me out of jail and have no one to take care of them. How can the NTTA get away with price gougingpeople with the economy the way it is? I tried to pay the bill. On time. I have no problem paying the bill with or without a late fee. But several thousand dollars just for a $68.00 toll fee. I have been told by an NTTA employee that it will go to court and I will go to jail if it is not paid in full. I thought it was illegal to put someone in jail for an outstanding bill. The bill should not even be outstanding.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2010 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTTA/internet/NTTA-Overcharged-sent-to-collections-and-was-not-late-Price-gouging-Internet-647192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NTTA