• Report: #720238

• Updated: Thu, April 21, 2011

• Reported By: Arnie — hollywood Florida United States of America
NUFI
PO Box 44260 Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

NUFI National Union Fire Insurance Co Fraudulent Charges made to Checking Acct. Jacksonville, Florida

I discovered a charge as an "automated Debit" to my checking acct for $9.95.  It was taken out by
NUF Dis ins  with a phone # listed as 800-572-5848.
I called the number and found that it was "National Union Fire Ins. Co"...I spoke with someone there who was very rude and abrupt with me, she actually sounded annoyed that I was calling.
I told her I do not know who they are, and that I did not authorize any payment to them ever.
She told me that my husband authorized the payments..I told her that was impossible as we have a FIRM agreement for the past 30 yrs that I would handle ALL business in the home.  Plus I called him while she was on one line and verified he did not. She kept insisting he did...
This conversation got more heated as I told her I wanted to speak with someone in administration.
She hung up on me.
So then I called my bank and filed a claim for fraudulent charges to my acct on both 4/19 and on 3/17.  I also made a stop payment order on that company so they could not take anymore funds from me.  I also sent a certified signature requested letter via the USPS that the transactions were not authorized and I did not want their insurance, did not order their insurance and I expect that as of this letter our business dealings would be over.  I also told them that the next thing I would file would be a police report if I ever hear from them again.
Beware of these kinds of scams...check your accts often and when you find a discrepancy...act quickly and decisively.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2011 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NUFI/Jacksonville-Florida-32231/NUFI-National-Union-Fire-Insurance-Co-Fraudulent-Charges-made-to-Checking-Acct-Jacksonvil-720238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NUFI