• Report: #420271

• Submitted: Wed, February 04, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 04, 2009

• Reported By:PORTLAND Oregon
NWDC
7346 NE Sandy Blvd Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

NWDC Kirby Vacuum Canvassers Portland Oregon

I was sitting at home watching tv and eating bon-bons ( or at least that what every one thinks I do) and my door bell rang.

It was a Kirby sales girl and salesman. The opportunity of having someone come into my house and clean my carpets for me was more than enticing, so I let them in. It seemed to good to be true. The demonstration of how the superior qualities of the Kirby will do everything but wipe my rear after taking a crap. I was overwhelmed with this information and I thought what a great thing, I must have it!

The price was outrageous. Twenty five hundred dollars for a vacuum. Even I thought that was a little ridiculous. However, when they started vacuuming the dead bugs out of my bed I knew it was something I needed.

The whole experience was unnerving. I don't know why I let these people in my house. I understand that they are sales people and they "have" to do their jobs, but in all honesty I thought they were casing my house. Even my daughters agreed.

The young women claimed she had only been doing this for a week, whereas the slick salesman knew exactly what to do and where to go. When they promised that they could remove the bugs and bacteria from my bed I was a little skeptical. I only wanted them to go into my room, but they insisted that they clean another room. Mistake one. They entered every room of my house.

Another thing that bothered me was they were constantly talking to someone on the phone. If you've ever been a sales person I would think the last thing you would do is call your manager. Plus, the salesman who was helping the young woman left my house and came back about four times.

I felt as though they were taking photos of my house and what was inside. The young man kept making comments about how my house was nice and what a great TV I had. He even had the nerve to go and look at my wine, as well as comment on the photographs that were hanging on the wall. Mistake two.

At the end of the night I have a vacuum, a receipt saying that I paid in full, and a form dated a month before. This is a scam and I only wish I had listened to my gut before I told them I wanted it.

K. o.
PORTLAND, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2009 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NWDC/Portland-Oregon-97213/NWDC-Kirby-Vacuum-Canvassers-Portland-Oregon-420271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NWDC