Complaint Review: NWVDirect.com - New World Video Direct

• Updated: Wed, May 12, 2010

• Reported By: Patti — Junction City Kansas United States of America
NWVDirect.com - New World Video Direct
1893 W. 8th St., Brooklyn, NY 11223 Internet United States of America

NWVDirect.com - New World Video Direct NWVDirect.com Fraudulent return policy, bait-and-switch Internet

I ordered a Canon 500D close-up filter from their web-site.  A day or so later, a rep called to say it was backordered, but they have a superior item for more money.  I asked about the return policy if it's not as I want, and he said it could be returned within 21 days.

I received it and decided it was not as I wanted, and could have bought the same item elsewhere for less.  Also that other sellers had my original item available.  I called to get a RMA# and was told that lenses could not be returned, and that it said so on their web-site.

Their web-site says "21-day satisfaction gurarantee" on the item page, but negates it in the fine print of their policy page.  After several emails and 2 phone calls, they said they could check the transcript of the call.  I didn't realize I had been recorded!

They are very difficult to do business with.  I wish I had checked out this site and the numerous complaints all over the net before I bought from them

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2010 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NWVDirectcom-New-World-Video-Direct/internet/NWVDirectcom-New-World-Video-Direct-NWVDirectcom-Fraudulent-return-policy-bait-and-sw-602687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NWVDirect.com - New World Video Direct

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC