Complaint Review: NYHRC

• Submitted: Fri, March 20, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 05, 2010

• Reported By:brooklyn New York
NYHRC
60w 23rd Street New York, New York U.S.A.

NYHRC - New York Health And Racquet Club THIEVES New York New York

*Consumer Comment: Only good vibes from NYHRC 23rd Street

I decided to be a member at NYHRC 23rd street because it is very close to my office. With out doing any research about the company; especially the 23rd street location is the worst; I have become one of their victims. I have signed up for two years member and paid ahead around almost 2,000 dollars.

First, I had an accident, so I didn't use the club around one month. When I came back my locker was cut-off and I have lost everything inside. There are a few things don't smell right. 1. They said the locker wasn't register; they have put on the poster that says big locker is not a permanent locker. 2. I found my shoes at the staff area in front of their lockers and it has been using. When I told them, they said they keep it for the owner of the locker. BUT how come I couldn't find my other stuffs.

Then the most rip off is after being member for 7 months, I just checked on my credit card. They have been charging me $109 monthly for a member!!!! I talked directly to the manager and he didn't show any responsibilities, just said it was a mistake and the money will return to my card in 7-10 days!?!?!

BE CAREFUL!!! THEY WORK LIKE THIEVES

Kobe
brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2009 05:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NYHRC/New-York-New-York-10010/NYHRC-New-York-Health-And-Racquet-Club-THIEVES-New-York-New-York-435846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NYHRC

Only good vibes from NYHRC 23rd Street

AUTHOR: DeWayne - (United States of America)

Like you, Kobe, I hate being ripped off.  However, my experience at NYHRC is completely different.  I have been a member for over 10 years and have never had a bad a bad experience and, believe me, I am a tough customer.  I have trained at 56th street and Whitehall, but find 23rd Street the absolutely the best in the system.  Yes, they are aggressive salespeople, but so am I.  I have never found them to be dishonest or disingenuous.  I recently renewed with Michael and Jill and found it to be a totally painless experience.  Sorry, bro, but I think your experience was an anomaly.