Complaint Review: NYLA Dance Conventions & Competitions

• Submitted: Tue, September 06, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
NYLA Dance Conventions & Competitions
PO Box 818 Times Square Station Nationwide U.S.A.

NYLA Dance Conventions & Competitions - Skip Costa, New York Los Angeles Dance Conventions & Competitions Capitalizing on Hurrican Katrina disaster. New York New York, Los Angeles California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Dear M, I am very disappointed in you

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Dear M, I am Very Disappointed in you

*Consumer Comment: different opinion

NYLA dance conventions and competitions is capitalizing on the hurricane Katrina disaster. They are using the hurricane to help promote their company and encourage people to register for their events in order to help victims of Katrina. They also say they are collecting money to purchase CDs and dance shoes for dancers in areas most hurt by the hurricane. Apparently those are things those people need more than food and shelter.

Be wary of organizations trying to collect money for disaster relief. Some companies, like this one, are using the disaster to increase their own sales and growth.

M
Anonymous, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2005 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NYLA-Dance-Conventions-Competitions/nationwide/NYLA-Dance-Conventions-Competitions-Skip-Costa-New-York-Los-Angeles-Dance-Conventions-156089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NYLA Dance Conventions & Competitions

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Dear M, I am very disappointed in you

AUTHOR: Skip - (U.S.A.)

Dear M,
I am the owner of NYLA Dance and very insulted at the allegations you have posted on this site about my spirit & my soul...which is exactly what I put into NYLA DANCE. I am very proud to be born & raised just outside of New Orleans and have had a very strong committment to my community for many years prior to Katrina that of which you would have known if you would have met me in the past or have simply called our office. I know in my heart that what we did for the children kept hope alive...hope for their dreams of dancing and having a normal life within all of the destruction & depression which faced many families including some of mine. All monies, clothing, costumes, toys, shoes, and music that we collected was given out to various studios which simply asked for help via phone calls & magazines. If you would have asked then we would have gladly given some to yours. I am not sure why you have posted this many many years ago as I did not know about this until some of my studios told me recently to view this report but I think you ought to be ashamed of yourself for what you have said about my reputation & the reputation of my company. We are a very loving & giving organization who truly cares about our children which attend NYLA events. Instead of putting the blame & judged an innocent person, you should have picked up the phone and given me a call in the office. I hope that next time you say cruel things about people you get your facts together first and not assume. But my heart is big and I will forgive you anyways...since that is what God would have wanted me to do.
Smiles,

Smiles,
Skip

different opinion

AUTHOR: Mj - (U.S.A.)

We are from the heart of the area affected by Hurricane Katrina, and NYLA did donate shoes costumes and dancewear to our dancing school that was struggling to reopen after the storm. Yes food and shelter was important but what was so wonderful about their donation was that it allowed our children to find happiness in a situation that was very unstabile even if it was only for a little while. It provide a distraction for our children during a difficult time. Thank you NYLA.