Complaint Review: NYbox

• Updated: Tue, June 04, 2013

• Reported By: Pebbles — London New York
NYbox
4747 36th Street, Suite B, Long Island City, NY, 1 Internet USA

NYbox Suspect of harvesting credit card information and stealing customers products Long Island City NY

I opened an account with your company, I read the terms and conditions. It made no mention of having to supply anything more. Not to long after opening the account you needed me to sign a declaration for you to post things on my behalf and then confrom with two forms of identity. Very suspicious already as this is just a mail forwarding service--okay maybe you are watching out for fraud. I complied.

3 week later I order some RX glaasses and you notify me that the package has arrived. I then go online and enter my credit card information to have them forwarded to me in Africa. Everything looked fine until I could not get back into the account to track the package.

I then get an email which needs:

* Bank statements with all my confidential information

* photo copy of the from and back of my credit card (again a frauders wet dream)

* And then a form that says I give some 3rd part company the right to charge my credit card, so basically you can  buy a car on my card!

So they have my parcel worth $300 US, they have my passport and driving license, and now they need the rest of my financial details. Enought details to well open anything they want. because when you buy a house this is the kind of information you have to provide. You do not have to provide it to some cowboy company just to post one package to you.

Called the phone number, it has a house-phone answering machine all day long. No BBB verification, no online crediablity, but a bunch of complaints about NY Box being a scam. No reply to emails anymore, no access to my account. I wonder what they will do with my percription glassess? Well nothing I suspect they are using these items to force me to give up my identity to them! This is what they do, with non-American citizens who do not have a leg to stand on from 1000s of miles away.

They let you shop shop and shop, all your stuff goes to them, maybe laptops, gold, DVDs, and then when you ask them to ship them, they get your identity and keep your items. This is my suspicion because when I offered to Pay them via secure PayPal they were not interested.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2013 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NYbox/internet/NYbox-Suspect-of-harvesting-credit-card-information-and-stealing-customers-products-Long-1056231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NYbox