Complaint Review: Nace Applicance

• Updated: Fri, June 24, 2011

• Reported By: Patty — New Cumberland Pennsylvania United States of America
Nace Applicance
Dover, PA Dover, Pennsylvania United States of America

Nace Applicance Nace appliance worker (actually the owner) came to fix my refrigerator because it would not defrost. Dover, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: Same experience

*Consumer Suggestion: Sounds like an inept repair

Back in November of 2010, our refrigerator would not stay cold. We called Nace Appliance. The owner came out and said that it was the heater. He went out to the van and got the part. The cost to us was $400. A few weeks later, we noticed that again the refrigerator was not cold. We called Nace and Mr. Nace said "Oh, I didn't think that heater would work, but the company said it would work" (the company was a rep from Hotpoint- I guess) He then ordered another heater and 5 days later a serviceman came out and put it in. A few days later, the same problem- I called again and Mr. Nace said, oh, the serviceman must not have defrosted it correctly. He sent someone else out. A few weeks later, a warm refrigerator again- By this time, my husband and I have learned how to defrost the refrigerator. We have been calling Mr. Nace every month and he does not call back. Two weeks ago I called and left a message threatening to call the BBB and I left him my cell number. Guess what, he calls!!!! But, he called my home phone and told my daughter that I should call him and that I have his number. Well, I have been calling and he won't return my calls. This is soooo frustrating. If you can't fix it, just say so and return some of my $400, at this point we have wasted so much time and money on calling him, defrosting our own refrigerator and spoiled food, that he should send me back the whole amount!!! This is very poor service and I am very disappointed in Mr. Nace!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2011 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nace-Applicance/Dover-Pennsylvania-17315/Nace-Applicance-Nace-appliance-worker-actually-the-owner-came-to-fix-my-refrigerator-be-743712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nace Applicance

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Same experience

AUTHOR: knew - (United States of America)

Wow, where do I begin... so much of this sounds familiar. But watch out, after I filed a negative online review, Mrs. Nace called my wife and demanded that I remove the post or she will sue us and "take away the nice house that our baby lives in". Then she hung up.  Very sinister, IMO and not a good way to resolve serious customer service issues...

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Sounds like an inept repair

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Self defrost refrigerators have a timer controlled switch to turn the heater on.  It sounds like this could have failed.  It's easy for someone with a little knowledge to check it.  They need to look at the wiring diagram (usually on the back of the fridge) and see if it is working.

Good luck with your fridge repair.