Complaint Review: Nafs

• Submitted: Fri, November 17, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, May 20, 2007

• Reported By:Sheboygan Wisconsin
Nafs
165 Lawrence Bell Dr Williamsville, New York U.S.A.

Nafs Harrasing phone calls, Scaring family, Rude, Threatening Williamsville New York

*Consumer Comment: re

*UPDATE Employee: givew me a chance to assist you

These guys are a menace. As I travel for my work I am not home much. This week these guys called my house 4 times looking for a relative who has no connection to my home or phone number. They left threatining messages that scared my family. saying such thing like I need to imediatly call them back with my attorney and being genrally rude and nasty. The rude nasty people who left messages were a Mike Stone and a Charles. The others would not leave names.

When I arrived home today I imediatly called them. When I started asking why they were harassing me I was hung up on. I called a second time. When these people were told the person they were looking for did not have any connection to me and that they needed to stop calling. I was told to expect more calls and again was hung up on.

I called a third time and was put in touch with a Elizibeth. When I started questioning her as to why they were calling my number and where they got that number from I was told very quickly that my number was removed from there system and again was hung up on. I called a 4th time because I was not satisified with any of the previous calls. Guess what I was hung up on again.

I imediatly contacted my attorney (no I am not a lawsuite monger)and informed him of the messages that were left at my home and of my 4 calls to NAFS. He told me he would be calling them imediatly after we hung up. He was also letting the local DA know agout this company and would be sending them a certified letter letting them know that they are breaking the law and that he will be seeking justice from them.

I guess they may want to be carfull when leaving messages to have an attorney present when you call them back.

I have never dealt with such an unprofessional, rude, illegal operation.

Terry
Sheboygan, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2006 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nafs/Williamsville-New-York-14221/Nafs-Harrasing-phone-calls-Scaring-family-Rude-Threatening-Williamsville-New-York-221132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nafs

re

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Go to budhibbs.com

He is a consumer advocate who HATES debt collection agencies who break the law and holds them accountable.

His site has advice on how to deal with these parasites.

Don't roll over and take it. Fight back!

givew me a chance to assist you

AUTHOR: Nathan - (U.S.A.)

I am an employee of NAFS and have been for almost 2 years now. I would like to first take a moment to explain that we are a debt collection agency. We are not out there to embarrass innocent people. Our goal is to help keep interest rates down by collecting on unpaid debts. We work in a large office with almost 1000 people working there. It is expected that when you have 1000 people doing the same job a few of them are going to be bad seeds. However there is a lot you should all know...
1. We can not offer a debt management company or an attune any settlement that we cant offer you directly. We are allowed to offer a settlement based on a client aggregate regardless of who is asking for it so save your money. No need to pay a settlement company 15% of your total debts up front and a 150$ monthly fee so they can take $4,ooo of your plus over $1,000 to settle a $20,000 acct for $11,000 costing you over $16,000... we could have just given you the same deal for the $11,000. They are the real thieves preying on people who just are afraid to pick up the phone
2. We don't call people who can't pay. The only people who get calls more than once a week are people who judging from their credit reports can pay. Otherwise we wouldn't waste our time.
3.if you call us and inform us of your personal hardships we will do everything in our power to put something together that works for you... if it doesn't work for you it doesn't work for anyone.
4. I am always willing to help with anyone who is having a hard time. I am a single father who has just as much a hard time as anyone else so I can always help anyone who is willing to help themselves. If you are not happy with the treatment you are receiving than ask for extension 2501 and ask for Mr. Binder and I will gladly see to it that any rude collector so reprimanded and that you are treated with the fairness you deserve.
-Mr. Binder x2501
Ps. any of you who work in an office of more than 10 people know that there are always going to be bad eggs in every company, tell me about my bad eggs and I will help you with your debt.