Complaint Review: Nakutis Custom Choppers

• Updated: Tue, December 25, 2012

• Reported By: Joshua — Nantucket Massachusetts United States of America
Nakutis Custom Choppers
54 Cedar St. Hyannis, Massachusetts United States of America

Nakutis Custom Choppers John Nakutis Stole my money. Failed to perform services. Hyannis, Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: relocated

*Author of original report: Beware of Nakutis Custom Choppers

*UPDATE Employee: false report about Nakutis Choppers and John himself

I called Nakutis Custom Choppers and asked them if they could repair my motorcycle that I had laid down.  They affirmed and asked me for a down payment on the parts.  I paid them $1,155 and was told that the repairs would take approx. one month.  After one month, I repeatedly tried to contact John, but he would not respond.  Finally, after one year I went to claim my motorcycle.  When I arrived at his shop, John was not there.  A friend of his released my motorcycle to me which had not even been touched.  Attempts to recover the $1,155 have been unsuccessful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2009 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nakutis-Custom-Choppers/Hyannis-Massachusetts-02601/Nakutis-Custom-Choppers-John-Nakutis-Stole-my-money-Failed-to-perform-services-Hyannis-525400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nakutis Custom Choppers

relocated

AUTHOR: helpful - ()

nakutis choppers has relocated to uniontown pennsylvania going by nakutis performance now .there new number is 724 439 2453 still up to the same old tricks the address is 5160 pittsburgh road uniontown pa 15401

Beware of Nakutis Custom Choppers

AUTHOR: Joshua - (United States of America)

The report I filed on November 18, 2009 regarding Nakutis Custom Choppers is 100% true and accurate.  I would not waste the time of my day to make up lies about a company or an individual unless it was true.  It's just not human nature.  If John had fixed my bike I would be very gracious and would recommend him.  However, it IS human nature to want those who have ripped you off to be exposed so that is why I filed the initial report and is also why I am filing this rebuttal.  I called Nakutis Custom Choppers and spoke to John personally in the fall of 2008.  He said he would be delighted to fix my motorcycle and he met me personally at the Ferry dock in Hyannis and took possession of it.  He then proceeded to push my motorcycle up the ramp and into his truck! Not bad for someone with so many injuries!  He told me the repairs would take a month.  After the repairs were not completed after a month John said he needed more money on top of the $1,155 I had already given him.  By this time, it was cold so I told him to fix it over the winter and I gave him another $1,000.  When I came to claim my bike in the spring, he wasn't at his shop and wouldn't return any of my calls.  It took me five months to get my motorcycle back and it had not even been touched!  I gave him $2,155 for absolutely NOTHING!  I tried calling him, e-mailing him, and sending him postcards.  Nothing worked. He refused to communicate with me or to fix my bike.

As far as the shop being "closed" in 2009, I have a written estimate on Nakutis Custom Choppers letterhead dated October 5, 2008 and a letter from John himself, in his handwriting, with the same date saying he would complete the repairs over the winter.  I would be happy to show these documents to anyone who is interested.
The moral is: John Nakutis is a lazy, lying thief!  He wants money...he just doesn't want to work for it.  BEWARE OF NAKUTIS CUSTOM CHOPPERS!!!

false report about Nakutis Choppers and John himself

AUTHOR: false reports - (United States of America)

the report found in this. Is completely FALSE for the report states repairs were never performed for a person whom reported this statement THE COMPANY HAS ALWAYS PERFORM ALL REPAIRS COMPLETELY FOR ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS TO THE FULLEST THAT WAS PERMITTED BUT THE BUDGET THE CUSTOMER HAD. and Second the report was made in Nov 2009 at that time the business was not performing any work as they were partially closed from business due to injuries that the owner recieved 2 1/2 years prior to that date.the year 2009 the business was only performing light maintainment and state inspection stickers to motorcycles.And third comment to this report in NOV 2009 the business had been closed completely from repairs of any type. THEY WERE COMPLETELY CLOSED IN OR AROUND THE 1ST OF APRIL 2009. so this report is A FALSE REPORT ON THIS BUSINESS.And last comment the report states that John Nakutis had been the person reported in this report again he himself was not involved in the business at that time due to injuries he had recieved prior.