Complaint Review: Nannies On Call

• Updated: Tue, October 23, 2012

• Reported By: Rasha — VANCOUVER British Columbia Canada
Nannies On Call
#302 VANCOUVER, British Columbia United States of America

Nannies On Call -Ripping you off the the Extraordinary way! VANCOUVER, British Columbia

*Author of original report: In Response to Meanwhile back in the real world...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Facts vs Fiction

*Consumer Comment: Meanwhile back in the real world...

I have used the services of this business since 2009 & unfortunately they have turned from a good service company to a greedy corporation. In the past I used to call and get a nanny and just pay the nanny when she is done, now they charge a booking fee $30 per booking & I heard from some nannies that they also take a cut from them too.

They really dont do anything different than any other nanny service company that I have used but I am assuming they are just using a good reputation that they have built in the past to claim extraordinary service when its really not true. I give them though that they are fast in providing nannies which is of course convenient but speed is not everything.

Problem is their booking fees are none refundable and they lour you with these packages where you can buy 6 or 10 booking fees in advance at a lower rate making it look cheaper but its really to tie you down because whether you like their nannies or not you have to use them or else you loose your money! Over the past few years, their focus has become to make the most money out of their clients and when problem presents itself they will choose their buck over you as their long term client.

Moreover, they are also so paranoid and dont trust their clients nor the nannies as they dont allow their own  nannies to give their phone number to the client while on the job. Imagine you have a nanny who supposedly care for your child and she goes out with your baby for a walk and you have no way to reach her nor your child except through their office number that can be busy or not answering. Its just money that they are thinking about and dont care about anything else.

Recently, I have used them to get temporary help and made it clear that I need to use the same nanny for about 10 bookings as my baby is only 4 months old and has never been cared for by anyone but me .. they confirmed with the nanny and they verbally agreed .. the nanny quit after 4 bookings & even though I disagree for her reasons to quit,  it was OK because I wont force her to work if she doesnt want to but they would not refund me my money for the bookings she did not work and said that its their policy to only provide a replacement. I explained that it will be devastating for my baby to get several caregivers in such a short period as I explained before buying the package but they did not care and still said that they can not refund! So not only did I have to deal with the inconvenience of having no help without a notice , I also had to pay for a service not done.  And they did not care that I have used them since 2009 & for 24 bookings!

Say no to bad business practice .. a business can be successful & still makes money without being greedy and cares for its clients.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2012 11:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nannies-On-Call/VANCOUVER-British-Columbia-V6B-2M1/Nannies-On-Call-Ripping-you-off-the-the-Extraordinary-way-VANCOUVER-British-Columbia-958611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nannies On Call

In Response to Meanwhile back in the real world...

AUTHOR: rrashad - (Canada)

If you are really a consumer and not from the business itself .. its consumers like you who give way to businesses like such to get away with bad practices .. in case you don't know businesses pay a lot of money to lawyers to tailor their contracts & terms & condition to serve them and you as a consumer single handed have to read through the fine prints, study documents & protect your own interest against these  giants ! It does not matter what I signed for & I honestly don't even care to get my money back .. the most important point that I am trying to make here is to raise awareness among consumers like me who may run into similar issues with this business or even another and tell them NOT to accept it even if they signed a contract or whatever .. exposing the business may lead it to correcting its behavior and updating its terms to be fair for both consumer & business.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Facts vs Fiction

AUTHOR: Nannies on Call - (Canada)

At Nanny on Call we have several different packages to save clients money. With our on call service clients are able to purchase the Something Good Package or A Spoonful of Sugar. These packages are for 6 and 10 prepaid booking fees, are good for one year from the date of purchase and are not refundable. (the clients agree to these terms in an electronic contract) If clients are not interested in purchasing a package then they can use the pay as you go option. With the pay as you go clients pay each time they book a nanny instead of making a one year commitment.

At no time do we take any of the nannies fees. The $30 booking fee or the package fees are the agency fees. Any money paid to the nanny is kept by the nannies 100% including tips.

We work with our clients to match up the best nanny for their family. We always make it clear to our clients that the on call service is designed more for convenience than consistency.

We do not allow the nanny to give out their phone number because they work with hundreds of different families. If the family would like to get ahold of the nanny they are welcome to call the office and we will transfer the call to the nannies cell. Alternatively the family can give the nanny a cell phone so they can reach her for the day and the nanny will answer that phone.

On the placement side of Nannies on Call there is no placement fee until you hire a nanny. Our clients are never required to hire a nanny that we have sent for an interview.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call the office at 604-734-1776 or email info@nanniesoncall.com.

Meanwhile back in the real world...

AUTHOR: Giselle - (USA)

The nanny is not YOUR employee. She is an employee of the agency. No agency I know of that provides temp employees allows direct coontact outside work hours between their employee and client. Regarding your refund issue what does your signed contract state? Your claims have no merit in my opinion.