assured

• Reported By: Dan — Marana Arizona United States of America
Napa
Marana, Arizona United States of America

Napa Ripoff on auto parts Marana, Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: INACCURATE!

*Consumer Comment: Wrong company

Recenty my lights on my 1996 Chev 3500 failed and would not work. I took the truck to the Napa dealer here in Marana. They checked out the problem and told me that I would need a new Multifuction switch and that it would cost me $460.00 my total bill came to $872.00 for the repair. After I received my truck back I discovered that my interior lights no longer worked and my auto start also however the head light problem was fixed. I took my truck back to have these problems fixed and they were not but they attempted to charge me again $72.00 dollars.

I was upset so when I returned home I searched the net and found that pn 26100985 only cost $108.45 not $460.00. I believe in a business making a profit but not at this rate. The work was done at the Napa dealer in Marana, AZ Pierce Automotive. Is this how Napa operates by not giving the customer quality product and a cost ripoff? I used the Napa automtives services (Cudtom Car Care) in Texarkana and they always treated me right. I will never use this shop again and will do my best to drive customers away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2011 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Napa/Marana-Arizona-85653/Napa-Ripoff-on-auto-parts-Marana-Arizona-686811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Napa

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

INACCURATE!

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Gentleman comes into our shop complaining that his headlightgs don't work and that another NAPA AUTO CARE SHOP  had replaced his headlight switch and it should be under warranty. We informed him that we were not taking appointments until a week from then because we were overloaded already. He said he couldn't continue on his trip until he got his lights repaired. We took his truck in the next day & checked it out. When we pulled the dash panel to access the light switch we found 4 identical red wires had been jumpered into the harness and were not long enough to come forward with the switch so they all unplugged from the t tap connectors. We told the customer and  explained that we had no way of knowing which wire went to which terminal and it would take time to figure out. We also informed him that the dimmer (multifunction) switch was burned up and showed it to him.At that time it was unavailable from any local suppliers except the dealer. He was informed of all of this and ok'd the job The price he paid is exactly GM list! the labor for changing it was by the book! He was unhappy with the price of the switch but agreed to it as he was in a hurry and wanted to leave asap. He also brought the truck back the next day and we were able to get his running board lites to work. I explained that we rechecked all that we had done & been near and that  his remote start was on a completely different circuit and i had nothig to go by without the paperwork for it. he said he would bring it but all he brought was the owner's manual with NO wirirng diagrams or trouble shooting charts. He  is comparing an aftermarket -probably chinese made  part to a factory part and he questions quality?

Wrong company

AUTHOR: Ricky333 - (United States of America)

Pierce Automotive is not part of NAPA