Complaint Review: Napleton Autowerks

• Reported By: Erik — stillman valley Illinois United States of America
Napleton Autowerks
6600 E Riverside Blvd Loves Park, Illinois United States of America

Napleton Autowerks BIG RIPOFF Loves Park, Illinois

I will NEVER take a vehicle to Napleton's again even if we were on the street outside and the car was on fire!! I was
forced to take our Honda Insight to Napleton's for repair last fall because no other shop in Rockford would touch a hybrid. They said that the entire engine needed replaced.

Needing to keep the hybrid for its high gas mileage, we bit the bullet and said okay. After a month, we finally got the car back.Somehow during the whole engine replacement, some of the wires had gotten stripped and sealed with a liquid plastic -even though the electrical system has nothing to do with putting in a new engine. Tell me another!

A couple of weeks ago, the car started having electrical issues. Having no other choice, we had it towed to Napleton's again. They said that replacing the engine would have caused no damage to the electrical system and it would cost us $2000 to fix. They said the part would be $800 and the rest was labor.We looked online and found the part for $80. Uncharacteristic of any other shop we have dealt with, they said that if we brought the part in, they would install it...for $1800. Sounds a bit shady to me.We told them not to touch anything and to have it ready for pick up at the end of the week.

When we showed up to get the vehicle, they still had it in the bay and could not find the keys. These idiots had it clogging up one of their bays for DAYS after they were told to NOT work on it!I have never been to a shop that is so poorly run and who will rape you (with no lube, no less)  just because they think they can.

This company does not seem to understand simple instructions like "Do not call after 10am." I work 3rd shift and any time after that is like calling me in the middle of the night. I received a call today asking how they did on their service from
the last time my car was in, which my wife already yelped about. I informed them of the issues I was told the Manager would call. This is the same answer I got the last time I had complained, which the Manager never did call. Instead I started getting calls from all sorts of services that Napelton gave my number to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 04:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Napleton-Autowerks/Loves-Park-Illinois-61111/Napleton-Autowerks-BIG-RIPOFF-Loves-Park-Illinois-1007163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Napleton Autowerks