Complaint Review: Napleton South Orlando

• Updated: Tue, July 08, 2014

• Reported By: Jarret — orlando Florida
Napleton South Orlando
1460 E Osceola Pkwy Kissimmee, Florida USA

Napleton South Orlando Napleton Chrysler Jeep Dodge Orlando Dealer Fraud/Pricing Scam used to beat the competition and Beat Up the customer. Kissimmee Florida

*Author of original report: Napleton Pricing Fraud/False Advertising

I went to Napleton to purchase a new Jeep. The Jeep I wanted was listed on their website for $40,353. I asked them to come down just a little from that price and get back to me with an sale price that was inclusive of "all fees" except tax and tag. They came back in writing with a price of $39,680 plus tax and tag, and told me that included the "lifetime warranty" for $425, even though their website clearly states that "every car purchased from Napleton come with the lifeteime warranty. I told Rich, the sales rep that I was looking at other Jeeps and would get back to him.

He warned me to be careful of "other dealers" as the price they say they will give you is often hundreds or thousands below what you end up paying for the car when they add in their "additional fees" And, to make sure I was matching the "final sales price" against his "final sales price."

I used the price of $39,680 in my car search and drove all over Central Florida to dealerships matching their Jeeps, and I could not get the exact Jeep within $1000 of that price. [continued below]....

..... I called Chad Holt, the Sales Manager at Napleton, and told him to get the Jeep ready and we were coming to pick it up. I asked him to confirm the final price of "$39,680 plus tax and tag" and he said, "Yep, $39,680 plus tax, tag and dealer fees. I explained that I already had a final sales quote inclusive of all fees at $39,680 in writing and he proceeded to tell me that the fees included were for "etching $369 and key replacement $299." Two services I was never made aware of at all.

He refused to honor the price I was quoted in writing and said in writing:

"Jeeps have a trunover rate of 23 days, if you don't buy it someone else will"

When asked about the price I was quoted in writing by text from the Sales Rep and presented him with, he said:

"Prove it. Show me an official quote sheet with that price signed by the Manager."

I contacted Chaz twice more offering him the opportunity to resolve the matter fairly and he declined to respond. I then contacted the Owner of Napleton and he declined to respond. Besides the classic "BAIT and SWITCH" pricing tactic they used, the additional problem I have is that I could have bought the same Jeep weeks ago at another dealer, but they were $500 over the price I was quoted by Napleton. If Napleton hadn't defrauded me, I would have purchased the Jeep at a lower price than Napleton's final price.

I believe they purposely used FRAUDULENT PRICIG TACTICS to keep me from buying from another dealer and draw me back to them. I searched the internet for information on Napleton and found LITERALLY TONS OF COMPLAINTS from other customers complaining about DEALER FRAUD, PRICING FRAUD and FALSE ADVERTISING. In fact, at the BBB, I found that the government had filed an injunction against them for fase advertising.

When I first called Chaz, he told me he would "hook me up" by giving me the Jeep at Invoice. This was the same price listed on the website. When I questioned him about the internet price, he said:

"That's a scam we use to get customers to the dealership, once their here the price goes up a few thousand dollars, read the fina print."

It seems like this goes hand in hand with all the other complaints of fraud. These guys will lie cheat and steal. Anything to get your money. I would pass on Napleton and try Greenway on Colonial Rd.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2014 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Napleton-South-Orlando/Kissimmee-Florida-34744/Napleton-South-Orlando-Napleton-Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Orlando-Dealer-FraudPricing-Scam-use-1160350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Napleton South Orlando

Napleton Pricing Fraud/False Advertising

AUTHOR: Edmunds1975 - ()

I went to Napleton to purchase a new Jeep. The Jeep I wanted was listed on their website for $40,353. I asked them to come down just a little from that price and get back to me with an sale price that was inclusive of "all fees" except tax and tag. They came back in writing with a price of $39,680 plus tax and tag, and told me that included the "lifetime warranty" for $425, even though their website clearly states that "every car purchased from Napleton come with the lifetime warranty. I told Rich, the sales rep that I was looking at other Jeeps and would get back to him.

I used the price of $39,680 in my car search and drove all over Central Florida to dealerships matching their Jeeps, and I could not get the exact Jeep within $1000 of that price. I called Chad Holt, the Sales Manager at Napleton, and told him to get the Jeep ready and we were coming to pick it up. I asked him to confirm the final price of "$39,680 plus tax and tag" and he said, "Yep, $39,680 plus tax, tag and dealer fees. I explained that I already had a final sales quote inclusive of all fees at $39,680 in writing and he proceeded to tell me that the fees included were for "etching $369 and key replacement $299." Two services I was never made aware of at all.

He refused to honor the price I was quoted in writing and said in writing:

"Jeeps have a turnover rate of 23 days, if you don't buy it someone else will"

I believe they purposely used FRAUDULENT PRICIG TACTICS to keep me from buying from another dealer and draw me back to them. I searched the internet for information on Napleton and found LITERALLY TONS OF COMPLAINTS from other customers complaining about DEALER FRAUD, PRICING FRAUD and FALSE ADVERTISING. In fact, at the BBB, I found that the government had filed an injunction against them for false advertising.

"That's a scam we use to get customers to the dealership, once their here the price goes up a few thousand dollars, read the fine print."