Complaint Review: Nascar ONMC

• Updated: Fri, March 07, 2014

• Reported By: Caligirl95670 — Rancho Cordova California
Nascar ONMC
Matthews, North Carolina USA

Nascar ONMC I order what is advertised as a "FREE" bracelet of my favorite Nascar driver which I received but, how did a "FREE" item turn into a hidden charge of $77.00 charged on my debit & how are they able to charge me something on my card WITHOUT my consent? !?! RIPOFF! !! Matthews North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: How did they charge your card?

I sent away for what was advertised as a "FREE" bracelet of my favorite Nascar driver & that  "FREE" bracelet has now turned into a $77.00 bracelet!!!

I would never have expected such a fun, family-friendly organization such as Nascar to do something like this to their loyal fans!

Shame on you Nascar!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2014 11:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nascar-ONMC/Matthews-North-Carolina-28106-2944/Nascar-ONMC-I-order-what-is-advertised-as-a-FREE-bracelet-of-my-favorite-Nascar-driver-1128892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nascar ONMC

How did they charge your card?

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

Did you provide your card number at any time during the order process? I agree that it is bait and switch to present an item as a free item and then charge you for it. However, how in the world did they get your card number? If you entered a card number, then you know for sure that you will be charged. If they said they were only going to charge you $X and instead charged you a much larger amount, then that is mispresentation. Contact your card servicer right away and have the charge reversed for the amount of the overcharge. I suspect that there was a disclaimer somewhere on the website that you missed.

Next time someone offers an item or service for "free" and they also require a credit/debit card number: Don't order the item or service, your card will be charged. Remember, there is no such thing as a free lunch.