invited

• Submitted: Tue, September 04, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 04, 2012

• Reported By: Passingtime — Nashville Tennessee United States of America
Nashville KOA
2626 Music Valley Dr Nashville, Tn Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

Nashville KOA Discriminated Against Nashville, Tennessee

We've been at the Nashville KOA for over two years and durring that time watched as the mabahmanagment staff singled monthly campers out and picked on them. We only recently started having problems. However, I was told by an employee at the Nashville KOA who had moved close to us that the Mgr. Fred had asked her how she liked her new lesbian neighbors. Since then it has been one thing after another and it's clearly discrimination. The management staff is not on the same page and will tell you one thing then tell you something else.

Over the holiday we had a guest who wanted to stay in his tent, I asked if it was okay abd was told by a member of management that KOA did not like tents to be on RV sites and continued to say "we don't like that" so I asked for clarification, and when I asked if "we don't like that" means that my guest could stay in a tent but, tgat they don't like it she smiled and nodes her head yes. The next day after my guest arrives we were out on our boat and received a phone call saying the manager wanted the tent taken down. Im sure it was because, my guest is African American. We came back and within minutes the manager was at our RV and Extreamly confrontational! When I tried to explain what I had been told two days prior he called me a liar. He also attacked my character and stated I take advantage of people. When I asked for explanation he could not give one. Then stated his employee could no longer check on my cat, I asked what that had to do with this and advised tgat the cat had not been here for three months-he then stated that I take advantage of people's kindness. The only explanation I can think of is when he found out thd employee occasionally checked on my cat durring her off time she failed to tell him that we paied her very well and he thinks we did not pay her. The employee probably also failed to tell him that she had pleaded with my partner to get get a job with her company because, she wanted away from KOA but, was afraid if KOA management found out they would retaliate. The manager continued to say he was trying to weed out campers who didn't follow rules. We were appalled!! We are only here a few days durring the month, stick to our selfs and very quiet.

Just today I was told I needed to move my boat from The overflow lot to another lot where I will have to pay 10.00 per day but, others have cargo trailers and car haulers parked in the over flow lot and designated camp ground spaces free of charge...so why must we pay 10.00 a day? The park management has now told his staff not to speak to me or stop by my camp. The staff is afraid of their employees and that if they don't conform to what they've been told even durring free time they will be fired & told to leave the campground.

The management staff is not concistent with following through on what they tell guest and they do not enforce the same rules for employees as they do their guests and discriminate and pick on guest. We are very disappointed and upset by the way we've been treated and the only explination is they don't like our sexual orientation and have been discriminated against. We've given this campground over 14,000.00 and now, wish we had supported a different campground who would appriciate us vs demean and attack out character. We would not recommend Nashville KOA to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2012 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nashville-KOA/Nashville-Tennessee-37214/Nashville-KOA-Discriminated-Against-Nashville-Tennessee-936844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nashville KOA