• Report: #198848

• Submitted: Thu, June 29, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 29, 2006

• Reported By:Long Island New York
Nassau BOCES
71 Clinton Road Garden City, New York U.S.A.

Nassau BOCES - Rosemary Kennedy RIPOFF Disability discrimination Garden City New York

For 4 months back in 2002, I worked as a teachers assistant for Nassau BOCES, I was working with developmentally disabled child, kids with autisum, down syndrom, and other severe disabilities. It was a challenging job but I loved it.

Okey heres the deal, I had a bad case of ADD (Attention Defisit Disorder) when I was a kid, and I went to a high school for children with my problems, (Center for Community Adjustment in Wantagh, New York)

So after 4 months working for this district, I am called to the main office, he sits me down, and annouces that he is terminating my job, and for the most hipocritical rediculess reasons, one of them was "I yelled" yes there have been times when I had to raise my voice, and I wasn't the only one, I would her teachers and assistants just yelling there heads off, his other reason was, I didn't educate them properly. Give me a freaking brake, for the most part we teach these kids how to fold towels, put lids on tubowares, and write out there address, I wasn't doing enough to educate them.

His main source for firing me was I was learning disabled, but he thought I was too stupid figure that out.

You know what, just as well, that school has had bad press in the news lately.

Zach
Long Island, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2006 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nassau-BOCES/Garden-City-New-York-11530/Nassau-BOCES-Rosemary-Kennedy-RIPOFF-Disability-discrimination-Garden-City-New-York-198848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nassau BOCES