Complaint Review: Natioanl One Telecom

• Submitted: Sun, June 20, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, June 20, 2004

• Reported By:Rye New York
Natioanl One Telecom
PO Box 612608 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

National One Telecom rip-off! I was billed for a service I never utilized. I don't have a web cam so why would i need to go to a web cam site? Dallas Texas

Yesterday I got a bill from this company for a service in the UK that I never heard of. When I tried to call them I noticed that they have no phone number to reach them. All they have is a website where you can email them and wait for them to get back in touch with you.

This company stated that i made a call to United Kingdom through my computer through my phone line. They tell me that I visited an adult web cam site!

First off, I don't have a web cam so why would i need to go to a web cam site. Plus I have never visited a 'pay for view' site in my life let alone an adult site. They inform you that if you don't pay they they will forward this on to a collection agency.

This is an outright scam and these people should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law as should the local telephone providers that partner with them (for being so foolish as to not checking them out before partnering with them).

Even though only $16 I intend to fight this just out of principle and will report them to the FTC, BBB, the Attorney General's office and anyone else that can put them out of business so others don't have to face this nonsense.

Rye, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2004 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Natioanl-One-Telecom/Dallas-Texas-75261/National-One-Telecom-rip-off-I-was-billed-for-a-service-I-never-utilized-I-dont-have-a-95660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Natioanl One Telecom