Complaint Review: Nation Van Lines/United Express Van Lines

• Submitted: Sun, June 23, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, November 04, 2003

• Reported By:Southbridge MA
Nation Van Lines/United Express Van Lines
6835 Sunset Strip Sunrise, Florida U.S.A.

Nation Van Lines & United Express Van Lines is a deceptive ripoff company. Sunrise, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Phone Number 954-457-2483, owned by Victor Demirov. No wonder they know where your stuff is, it's the same thief in sheeps clothing.

*Consumer Suggestion: A carrier cannot assess a rate lawfully that is not contained in its tariff.

*Consumer Comment: The owner of the Company is Victor Demirov and his little Crony assist is very rude.

After providing this company with an itemized list of my 3 bedroom home, I was given a quote by a moving company for $1979 to move my furniture from one state to another. The truck showed up two days late, loaded my belongings and then told me that my things took up more space than the original quote and that it was going to now cost me $11,000+ to get my belongings delivered.

I have been back and forth for three months trying to resolve this matter. After threatening to take them to court for deceptive trade practices they have lowered their cost to $4,600.

I still think this amount is unfair. I could have done it myself for less than the price they quoted me but I had just started a new job and couldn't take off the time so when this company said they could move me for around the same price, I decided to go with them.

I will have a hard time paying and it will take most of the money I received from the sale of my house but I don't know what I would have done if they had not come down as much as they did. I now have no money left to purchase another home and will have to start all over again.

Something needs to be done about these deceptive moving companies. I don't know what other people have done that don't have the money to pay.

Karen
Southbridge, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2002 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nation-Van-LinesUnited-Express-Van-Lines/Sunrise-Florida-33313/Nation-Van-Lines-United-Express-Van-Lines-is-a-deceptive-ripoff-company-Sunrise-Florid-23299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nation Van Lines/United Express Van Lines

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw this phone number! This moving company is called Flux Transportation and is owned by Victor Demirov. No wonder they know where your stuff is, it's the same thief in sheeps clothing.

Flux pulled the same scam on me, only they somehow got my household goods from Nationwide in Woodinville, WA, the movers that also got endicted.

I went onto the Florida Sec. of State website and did a search on Victor. He is also associated with Breeze Transportaton and several of his business associates have moving companies on all the "black lists."

Unbelievable!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

A carrier cannot assess a rate lawfully that is not contained in its tariff.

AUTHOR: Larry Herzig - (U.S.A.)

Applicable Transportation Charges- The charges a mover assesses for its services must be contained in a published tariff and the tariff must be made available to prospective shippers upon request. A carrier cannot assess a rate lawfully that is not contained in its tariff. If you feel that a mover has overcharged you, you can contact me toll free at (866) 254-1792 to obtain assistance with requesting a review of the charges assessed by the mover, and which were paid by you at the time of delivery of your shipment.

Surface Transportation Board
Washington, DC 20423
E-Mail: herzigl@stb.dot.gov

AUTHOR: Wiguens - (U.S.A.)

For those who have been ripped off by Nation Van Lines and have not received your belongings; you might want to call this phone number 954-457-2483. This number belongs to a moving comapny that took over most of the Contrat that Nation Van Lines had i.e your belongings.

The owner of the Company is Victor Demirov and his little Crony assist is very rude. They will make you pay for storage fees and not deliver your belongings on time or at all sometimes.. I hopet that this helps someone to retrieve their belongings. If you have things that they have in their storage, please contact your lawyer, before dealing with them. Have your lawyer deal with them.. I have already called the Florida better Business Bureau and reported them for price gouging..

Gooluck amd I hope that this helps someone