Complaint Review: Nation al Able

• Updated: Sat, February 19, 2011

• Reported By:Cary Illinois United States of America
Nation al Able
180 N Wabash Ave. 6th fl. Chicago Il 60601 Internet United States of America

Nation al Able Phyllis Barfield-Ollikainen Deceptive, Self Serving, Manipulative Internet

On 2-17/2011 Phyllis Barfield called, to lure me into a class all the way downtown Chicago for 2 weeks with no pays all so she could get grant money for her organization National Able. She said it would prepare me (a veteran) for the job market and an interview. She did not ask or take into consideration if I was already prepared with a resume or if I was already employed. She just wanted me down there at once in their group meeting ASAP regardless. She said there was possibility of pay and/or re-imbursement for my Metra/Pace fares only after I questioned her trying to find the lure. Needles to say there was no guaranteed pay or employment help at all. All take and no give, her intention was to hoard as many veterans as possible employed/unemployed/underemployed into her meeting room all together to see if anyone would go through her ridiculous 2-week class. This all so she could qualify for and get grant money from IL State for her organization. She even had the deceptive gall to say I would have to wait 3 weeks if I did not go to the one opening she had for the class tomorrow.Therefore, I went. I spent $15 in fares and 1/2 a day off work time. I sat in a room with other veterans all-wondering why they were there. The 1st questions some of the vets had was, "why did you lure us down here if we are employed and expect us to quit our job so we can attend your stupid self-serving class that only will benefit you with grant money? I am assuming the others veterans there were unemployed and may have gone through the classes because they lived close or had nothing else to do. She made it clear that there is no guarantee of employment once and only once, we all were there at the meeting. How terribly deceptive and wasteful for her to manipulate US Veterans into such a swindle for her to benefit from grant money to pay her bills there! They are not even a head hunter organization or a placement service. They scam grant money from the State of IL by making the state think they are preparing veterans for jobswhen they have no jobs or connections to even offer, very unaceptable! I really hope the IL state and other states will stop funding this swindle National Able Network. They have much better bills to pay.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2011 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nation-al-Able/internet/Nation-al-Able-Phyllis-Barfield-Ollikainen-Deceptive-Self-Serving-Manipulative-Internet-697563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nation al Able