Alexander

• Submitted: Mon, March 22, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 22, 2010

• Reported By: Diane — Meade Kansas United States of America
National Access LD - USBI

National Access LD - USBI USBI Lied about affiliation with ATand T, lied about charges and services Internet

Someone from Call Tech Solutions, who represented himself as a part of AT&T, called in October. He stated that I was paying an unnecessarily large amount for phone services; that if I changed plans my monthly charges for my bundle of services would go down from $36.00 a month to $6.99. My monthly line fee would be $9.00 a month less. My bill and services would not change. After being told that National Access Long Distance owns the lines which are rented by AT&T and that is how he could now change my plan for this much lower charge, I agreed to change my plan on both my home and business lines. I was told the answers to give to an 'independent verifier.'

I was shocked to see $131.30 charge from USBI on my December bill, with itemized charges for every long distance call. The other line was similar. After talking to AT&T, I called NALB; numerous times. I was finally told to write a letter which would be considered. I did this in January. I just received a letter from NALD dated March 12, stating they will issue a credit for $23.29 on one of the lines, and no mention was made of the other line at all.

AT&T has now placed app. $300.00 in claims on the two lines, and I have an ongoing battle.

I asked a lot of questions and am not usually gullible, but the liar from this company really managed to scam me. If it was a faulty tangible item, I could return it. Right now, I'm at a loss as to what to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2010 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Access-LD-USBI/internet/National-Access-LD-USBI-USBI-Lied-about-affiliation-with-ATand-T-lied-about-charges-an-584293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Access LD - USBI