Complaint Review: National Access Long Distance

• Updated: Thu, October 18, 2012

• Reported By: Bob — Liberty Hill Texas United States of America
National Access Long Distance
871 Coronado Center Dr. Suite 200 Henderson, Nevada United States of America

National Access Long Distance Telemarketer posing as AT&T long distance provider slam Henderson, Nevada

*UPDATE Employee: Company Response

Telemarketer called (Caller ID showed "State of Idaho 1-866-818-6463") at  2:13 pm CDT on Oct 27, 2012

He identified himself as as representing AT&T, and offered to reduce my long distance charge by $10 per month, from $14.95 to $4.95.  My service provider is TimeWarner cable and I have unlimited long distance at a fixed monthly rate.  I explained this to the caller and he insisted that TimeWarner paid AT&T $14.95 per month for my long distance service, and that if I agreed to the change, TimeWarner would reduce my phone bill by $10 per month.  He repeated this claim at least twice.

Then he began to prepare me for the questions that would be asked by the FCC verification operator.  While he was trying to close the deal, I googled Access Long Distance and found this website and about 11 related ripoff reports.  At that point I told the caller that our conversation was at an end and hung up on him.

Then I called TimeWarner to report the attempt and filled out this Ripoff report.

National Access Long Distance also has an FCC Order against them and multiple consumer complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Access-Long-Distance/Henderson-Nevada-/National-Access-Long-Distance-Telemarketer-posing-as-ATT-long-distance-provider-slam-Hen-956255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Access Long Distance

Company Response

AUTHOR: Sharon Skupski Quality Department - (United States of America)

My name is Sharon and I represent National Access Long Distance the company this report is filed under.  The name of our Company is National Access Long Distance.  We are not affiliated with Access Long Distance.  Our website is www.na-ld.com.  Unfortnuately, we are unable to respond to a post that is not affiliated with our company.