Complaint Review: National Access Long Distance

• Updated: Sat, September 05, 2009

• Reported By: Jon — La Canada California USA
National Access Long Distance
www.na-ld.com Internet United States of America

National Access Long Distance Deceptive and Fraudulent phone solicitation for Long Distance Service Internet

I received a phone call from a person who identified herself as a person from AT&T's "Notification Department" on September 4th 2009 at 1:52pm.  She identified herself as Claudia.  She said she was following up on a mailing sent to me back in March and that through an oversight, my account was not modified to use National Access Long Distance as my long distance carrier.

Claudia stated that AT&T was replacing World Com as their long distance partner with National Access Long Distance starting in just a few weeks.  This changeover will result in a 35% reduction in my long distance bill as well as only 1 line charge rather than a fee for each line.  If I verbally agreed, it would also allow AT&T to continue to bill me on one bill rather than two.  Thus keeping our company's long distance billing all on one bill rather than a separate bill.

I told her that AT&T informed me that they do not call out to their customers.  Claudia proceeded to tell me that this was not a sales call and that she was with AT&Ts "Notification Department" and that I needed to act quickly.  Her sudden 'pushiness' began to make me suspicious.  She wanted me to begin the verifying stage of her conversation.  It was at this time that I began searching the internet for this company she spoke of, asking her to repeat the name of the company so that I could look in to it.  Soon after, she hung up on me.

I then called AT&T and talked with a Roberta who informed me that they were absolutely not affiliated with National Access Long Distance.  She instructed me to watch my next two months bills to see if any unusual charges show up.  She said that since I did not complete the verification process that there was a good chance that nothing would show up on my bill; however.

I am filing this report because while searching the web for this company, I came upon this site which showed a similar instance happening to someone else.  I figured by filing this report, I might save someone else from such deceptive marketing practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2009 11:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Access-Long-Distance/internet/National-Access-Long-Distance-Deceptive-and-Fraudulent-phone-solicitation-for-Long-Distan-490467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Access Long Distance