Complaint Review: National Action Financial Service

• Submitted: Tue, November 22, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, February 02, 2006

• Reported By:St George Utah
National Action Financial Service
168 Lawrence Bell Road Suite# 105 Buffalo, New York U.S.A.

National Action Financial Service Recording from this number threatens to take action against us. ripoff Buffalo New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Strange Messages explained

This is the second time I have received one of these suspicious recordings. Cut off at first, the male voice states "...this is Mr. Underhill." Then something like "We have tried to get in contact with you several times, and we are forced to take action. Please call this number." (Some 800 number I think.) That's it.

I am home a lot, we are not hard to reach. We do not owe anybody anything that is overdue, to my knowledge. I am afraid to call that number, because I think it's some kind of a scam. I got a similiar call within the last 4-6 months. I thought it was a scam then too, but this time I hit *69 to identify the caller.

This really bugs me. If somebody wanted to talk, why don't they? Or write? This just seems strange.

Martha
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2005 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Action-Financial-Service/Buffalo-New-York-14221/National-Action-Financial-Service-Recording-from-this-number-threatens-to-take-action-agai-165542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Action Financial Service

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Strange Messages explained

AUTHOR: Kristen - (U.S.A.)

Those strange messages you are getting are called "dialer calls" National Action Financial Services has an automatic dialer, someone inputs all the phone numbers they have into this computer program then a automated phone dials the number and when a person or machine picks up it leaves a generic message. There is no Mr Underhill. He is a made up name so that when a person calls back the collector knows they are responding to a dialer message. Its not a scam per se but it is a way of tricking debtors into calling in. If you dont owe any money the either a relative used your number or the person they are looking for had your number at one time.