Complaint Review: National Action Financial Services, Inc (nafs)

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2008

• Reported By:college park Georgia
National Action Financial Services, Inc (nafs)
165 Lawrence Bell Dr. Williamsville, New York U.S.A.

National Action Financial Services, Inc (nafs) A phone call was received at my job for an employee to leave me a message that can save my life. I called back and I was told that I need to provide a checking account for them to receive a payment for $50 a month. They called back a talked to me nasty saying that they were going to garnish my wages 25%. I asked for a letter and they said they didnt send a letter and i have a letter. Williamsville New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Denise, you need to sue them for FDCPA violations!

I think this company is full of it. They called my job sounding like I was in trouble. I returned the call only to be demanded to give them a checking account number. I refused and told them that I have never received a letter from them. They agreed to send a letter so I can make a payment of $50 a month. In the meantime he called three times to see if I have opened an account and when I receive the letter to call. I received the letter and called and they were very nasty to me and told me that they never made a $50 a month arrangement with me and I do have the letter. This does not sound right to me but he was angry and told me that they were going to garnish my wages.

college park, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2008 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Action-Financial-Services-Inc-nafs/Williamsville-New-York-14221/National-Action-Financial-Services-Inc-nafs-A-phone-call-was-received-at-my-job-for-an-310656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Action Financial Services, Inc (nafs)

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Denise, you need to sue them for FDCPA violations!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

It is illegal for any collector to threaten you in any way. They cannot threaten wage garnishment.

FYI..Before anyone can garnish your wages they need to first sue you and win. Then they need to go back to court and get a garnishment order signed by a judge.

These are genuine lowlife you are dealing with.

IMMEDIATELY send them a CEASE COMMUNICATIONS request as per the provisions of federal law [FDCPA]. Send this by certified mail, return reciept requested. Be sure to put the certified# on the letter itself and keep a copy for your records. This is very important. Also, DO NOT sign the letter, just print.

Agency Details

National Action Financial Services, Inc.
165 Lawrence Bell Dr Ste 100

Michael W. Fletcher - CEO
Roger E. Carney - President & COO
NAFS' Parent Company is SITEL Risk Management out of Omaha, NE

Bud Says...

Threats, lies, intimidation and other assorted illegal activities. These misfits of society earn their money the HARD way, they break the law to do it. Keep both hands on your wallet, these over-paid and under-worked clerks are worse than a Buffalo blizzard. These collectors think that being a 'con-man' is a compliment. Stay far away from these Buffalo Bandits!

compliments of:budhibbs.com