Complaint Review: National Action Financial Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, December 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 20, 2009

• Reported By:Forks Washington
National Action Financial Services, Inc.
165 Lawrence Bell Dr STE 100-P.O.Box 9027 Williamsville, New York U.S.A.

National Action Financial Services, Inc. Abusive-rude and took money that wasn't owed to them-Bank of America didn't get any of the money that I had paid on my account. Williamsville New York

*Consumer Comment: GO TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT GET YOUR MONEY BACK

*Consumer Comment: THAT IS WHY YOU NEVER NEGOTIATE WITH OR PAY A DEBT COLLECTOR

The Company had written a threatening letter that I had owed money on a Visa Card that had been stolen. I had assumed that the card was paid in full and was surprised to learn that I still owed money. So I set up a payment arrangement that I would agee to having a set amount of money to be taken from my bank account (big error on my part) every month. Twice I was unable to put enough funds in my account to cover the payment and I called NAFS to make other arrangements. Many of people would laugh and hang up. The money taken out of my account would create an overdraft fee-which I have paid 0nce and I still owe the BOA over $200.00 for a payment that was unauthorized by me. I have been yelled at, laughed at and hung up on many times and many of my friends and family have witnessed how rude they can be. I do not owe anything on my Visa card nor was BOA aware that I owed anything. I would like to be refunded the $450.00 and the overdraft fees of $75.00 if that's possible.
They are rude. They threaten you. They are the worst people to handle an account that is in collections.

Cindy
Forks, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2008 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Action-Financial-Services-Inc/Williamsville-New-York-14231-9027/National-Action-Financial-Services-Inc-Abusive-rude-and-took-money-that-wasnt-owed-to-t-403966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Action Financial Services, Inc.

GO TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT GET YOUR MONEY BACK

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Get your money back

Mark

THAT IS WHY YOU NEVER NEGOTIATE WITH OR PAY A DEBT COLLECTOR

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

You can sue them in Small claims court for violations to Fair Debt Collection Practice Act.
First mistake you made was not demanding debt validation! Collection Agencies cannot just call and demand you pay - they are required by law to prove the account is yours - You did not do this. Any threats they make are illegal as well

You can find info on FDCPA here

You said the card was stolen long after it was paid off - Did you report it to BoA?

www.budhibbs.com
A consumer advocate website - COLLECTION AGENCIES DO NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT THIS WEBSITE! They expose the worst nasty ILLEGAL tricks they use to get you to pay what you do not owe.