Complaint Review: National Action Financial Services

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 08, 2008

• Reported By:Capitan New Mexico
National Action Financial Services
165 Lawrence Bell Drive Williamsville, New York U.S.A.

National Action Financial Services Automated debt collection phone calls, couldn't reach a person or voice mail on their 800 number Williamsville New York

*Author of original report: National Action Financial Services, New York. Response from NAFS

I received two automated messages on my cell phone. I was unable to write down the info because I was driving at the time. I called the 800 number that the phone's caller ID captured. Recorded reply gave me National Action & went dead. Tried twice more, same result. I called ONLY from the cell phone that received the call because you cannot block an 800 number from receiving your caller ID. Using my home phone would have given them another number.

I Googled their 800 number, & National... and got their corporate info. -- came up first on ripoffreport.com. Oops - problem time?

I don't know at this point if this is simply a wrong number, or they called it trying to reach the former owner of the cell phone number that I now have (had it 3 yrs).

I don't owe any bills, and have good credit. I use a reputable ID theft monitoring service who sends me a report when there's any activity from the credit reporting agencies. No hits, or any reports of late or missing payments.

I am concerned this may be an ID theft phishing scam. I think it's best to ignore them? See if I get something in writing, or the ID theft monitoring service turns something up. No accounts are out of the ordinary.

Eric
Capitan, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Action-Financial-Services/Williamsville-New-York-14221-7817/National-Action-Financial-Services-Automated-debt-collection-phone-calls-couldnt-reach-a-315085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Action Financial Services

National Action Financial Services, New York. Response from NAFS

AUTHOR: Brass monkey - (U.S.A.)

I answered another automated call, was able to get a contact name and a callback number, (a different 800 number than the one I'd had trouble with). I called it and got an NASF agent on the second ring. I used the same cell phone, so NASF's 800 caller ID would agree with their automated system.

I was polite, with the intent of finding out what was going on. I knew I had to answer their automated message, or they would simply continue calling. I was asked if I was a certain name (not mine). No, they had reached a wrong number. I was asked if I knew or ever heard of the party they were trying to reach. No, on both counts. They had expected to have reached a wired land line, and were surprised they'd instead reached a cell phone. I asked that my phone number be removed from their call list. The said that would be done. NAFS's agent was very professional and polite, no abuse.

I'm not defending debt collection agents, but what's fair is fair.