Complaint Review: National Action Financial Services

Nationwide United States of America
  • Phone: (800) 304-8519
  • Web:
  • Category:

National Action Financial Services, Financial Action Services Trying to collect "10 year old past due bill" from Verizon Telephone Co., Nationwide

Started receiving phone calls where party did not leave a message.  Then, after a few days, started receiving messages to call an 800 number, which I did.  Talked to a young lady and explained that I had been a customer of Verizon since they purchased General Telephone about 25 years ago and had never been disconnected or past due and still have the same phone number, so it was highly unlikely that they would not have disconnected me if I owed them money for 10 years. The same thing happened about 5 years ago and they finally accepted my explanation or at least they stopped calling.  It may have been the same company but I don't know for certain.  It is my guess that Verizon sells "uncollectable" bills and that the purchaser may milk them for what he can get and then sells them to someone else.

I think they are just hoping I will pay just to get rid of the nuisance factor but I will NEVER submit to paying something I don't owe "just to get rid of it."  I guess I'll just have to keep hanging up on them until they get tired unless someone has a better idea.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2010 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Action-Financial-Services/nationwide/National-Action-Financial-Services-Financial-Action-Services-Trying-to-collect-10-year-o-568786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Action Financial Services