Complaint Review: National American University

• Reported By: Current Student — Mississippi
National American University
Nationwide USA

National American University Husband and Wife Team Houston Nationwide

I have been going to National American University for some time now.  I was told by my learner services person to take a class and then drop it before the add/drop period.  I did exactly as I was advised because I was on probation due to illness and did not want to mess that up.  I was then told after passing my classes that I was suppose to stay in the class I was advised to drop, because during probation I can not drop a class I started.  I was then called by her and the Campus Director (later on finding out her husband) that I lost my financial aid and will need to pay cash for the following term.  After a few phone calls and documents that needed to be signed fyi, since I was not present and did not have means to a fax machine or scanner, I was asked by the Campus Director if he could sign my documents...really?  They told me that they would work something out on the payments, something didnt feel right though.  My learning services perion started stuttering on the phone when I was asking questions and then started ignoring my phone calls and emaills.

After a couple of days I found out that the campus director made a few calls and my financial aid was reinstated.  I felt really awkward at the whole situation.  After talking to further students I have heard similiar or worse stories.  I even called to talk to her again and was redirected because guess what...SHE GOT PROMOTED!!!  It is a shame that the husband and wife are doing that to the students. I also have been trying to get in touch with the financial aid department evidently all of the financial aid for National American University has been put on hault and no one seems to know why.  This is a very shady school and have very shady people working there.  My sister told me she has been trying to call for a week now and finally got someone on hold from the corporate office only to transfer her to the Campus Director's voicemail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2014 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-American-University/nationwide/National-American-University-Husband-and-Wife-Team-Houston-Nationwide-1148307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National American University