Complaint Review: National American University

7309 E 21st St Ste. G40 wichita, Kansas USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

National American University Screwing me on my refunds from my student loans wichita Kansas

*General Comment: Financial Aid and refunds

*Consumer Comment: get real

I am constantly having trouble getting the refunds back from my student loans, and half the time the staff can't give me a straight answer on whats going on. They tell me that it depends on my attendance and grades is to when I'll be receiving my refunds, those refunds are suppose to go to me regardless of my attendance or grades. My refunds don't get to me until after about 6 to 8 weeks after I have started my classes, that's just ridiculous! They don't give accuate dates of when the refund should be received by nor accurate amounts of how much the refund will be. Due to not receiving my refunds sooner, it has caused me to get far behind on my bills and other serious financial problems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-American-University/wichita-Kansas-67206/National-American-University-Screwing-me-on-my-refunds-from-my-student-loans-wichita-Ka-1059185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National American University

#1 General Comment

Financial Aid and refunds

AUTHOR: John Hunkler - ()

Actually, you are wrong about your financial Aid.  It is most certainly directly attached to attendance and grades.  If you fail to make satifactory academic progress, your finanacial aid will be dropped by the Department of Education.

Also, if you are not taking enough credits, your financial aid will be limited to 50% or dropped completely.

It sounds like NAU is having trouble getting grades posted in a timely fashion.

get real

AUTHOR: sonti1228 - ()

It sounds to me like you registered for financial aide, and just want to get the money refunded to you without going to class. Obviously NAU keeps very good track of attendance and grades, so the government is not going to loan you money if you are not going to go to class and work your tail off. It seems like you just wanted to get the refund, and blow all of the money. Get a job, and get an education... don't depend on student loans, you will regret that later when you are $15,000 in debt.