Complaint Review: National Association Credit Services (NACS)

• Submitted: Thu, January 02, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, January 02, 2003

• Reported By:Kansas City Missouri
National Association Credit Services (NACS)
P.O. Box 41127 Tampa Bay, Florida U.S.A.

National Association Credit Services (NACS) rip-off Tampa Bay Florida

NACS aka National Association Credit Services.

Too good to be true. I received a telephone call from NACs on 1/3/2003 at 5:25 P.M. Central Standard Time. I spoke to a telemarketer by the name of Rick and another one named Kareem and they had stated that I had been approved for a credit limit of $2700.00 and that they would debit a one time fee of $200.00 from my checking account on 1/31/2003. The telephone conversation concluded at or about 5:45 P.M. Central Standard Time.

During the conversation, Kareem had asked me for my Social Security Number and I told him that I would not disclose my number over the telephone due to security and privacy reasons. The telemarketer stated that I would be receiving the card and membership kit by February 28, 2003.

After talking to the telemarketers from NACS, I had a gut feeling that something was not right about that company. I just happened to find the bad business complaints against NACS on the internet. After doing some research on NACS. I contacted my bank immediately and told them to place a stop payment on the transaction to NACS. I vow in the future that I will not disclose my checking account number or social security number to anyone except the appropriate authorities.

I am also planning to report NACS to the Florida State Attorney General as well as the Missouri State Attorney General.

Edward
Kansas City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2003 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Association-Credit-Services-NACS/Tampa-Bay-Florida-33743/National-Association-Credit-Services-NACS-rip-off-Tampa-Bay-Florida-39855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Association Credit Services (NACS)