• Report: #419091

Complaint Review: National Association For Professional Women (NAPW)

• Submitted: Mon, February 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 27, 2009

• Reported By:Oregon City Oregon
National Association For Professional Women (NAPW)
1305 Franklin Ave, Suite 300 Garden City, New York United States of America
  • Phone: 516-877-5800
  • Web:
  • Category:

INVESTIGATION: NAPW and Matt Proman committed to 100% customer satisfaction. NAPW - National Association of Professional Women and its President, Matt Proman, have implemented a program of awareness, training and oversight to guarantee positive interaction with all prospective members. Garden City, NY
*UPDATE: Rip-off Report Investigation - NAPW recognized by Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a safe business service - NAPW pledges to always resolve any issues, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with NAPW

*Consumer Comment: high pressure sales tactics of National Association of Professional Women (NAPW)

Rip-off Report Investigation: Editors UPDATE: Positive Rating and Recognition has been given to NAPW -- National Association of Professional Women for its Commitment to Excellence in customer service. Rip-off Reports investigation of NAPW uncovers an ongoing commitment to total member satisfaction. This means that members and prospective members can expect the company will always work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. More importantly, NAPW is committed to protecting the value of its memberships by safeguarding its reputation through a guarantee of 100% customer service satsifaction. NAPW has listened carefully to what prospective members are saying, and has created a new, responsive program to ensure that its customer service representatives provide total satisfaction. When a company pledges that your concern will be heard by its highest-level executives, you know it is serious about your satisfaction! One top executive of the company stated to Rip-off Report that, "NAPW and its President, Matt Proman, understand that the value of its membership is enhanced when the organization's reputation is sound, and, to that end, NAPW has committed to a program of total customer satisfaction. Anyone, whether a member, prospective member, or any other interested person, can have the ear of the company President and General Counsel simply by sending a comment to feedback@napw.com. Commitment of this type is extraordinary in any business, and we chose to take this step to demonstrate to the public our commitment to total satisfaction." Rip-off Report has confirmed that NAPWs approach to business includes a total customer service quality assessment. The result of which has instilled in the company's customer service representatives a hunger to provide the best possible customer service experience. Rip-off Report was pleased to learn that the company's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client satisfaction. It is our opinion that members and prospective members can feel confident that membership in NAPW provides the type of professional development opportunities women can use to take the next step in their careers. NAPW has tens of thousands of satisfied members whose professional lives have been enhanced by their membership. NAPW recognizes that complaints posted on Rip-off Report (true or not) are issues that need to be addressed and if handled correctly can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Rip-off Reports Investigation NAPW has made organizational changes allowing members and prospective members to rest assured that the company is committed to a 100% positive customer service experience. In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with NAPW Senior Management, Rip-off Report is convinced that the company has been and is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction. Read more about NAPW National Association of Professional Women Commitment to Excellence and Total Consumer Satisfaction and why consumers should feel safe, confident and secure when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. ..yes, a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike. Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,..A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works. ===================== NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED =====================

National Association For Professional Women ,NAPW High Pressure Selling Sucked Me In! Protect Yourself! Garden City New York

WARNING! This company is a rip-off!

In February 2008, I received an invitation letter from NAPW (www.NAPW.com) informing me I was approved to become a member of this organization. I happened to be in the process of expanding my company and professional exposure, so I sent in an application.

After several months, I received a phone call in November just before Thanksgiving. I was in the middle of getting ready to leave for vacation, so I was distracted from being fully focused on the situation.

I had completely forgotten about my application and was pleased they had finally got back in touch with me. "Ginny" said she was my Account Manager and would handle my account, setting me up and assisting me with future benefits. She also interviewed me, collected vital identification information (which I deeply regret for being so stupid to be forthcoming), told me I was going to be on the main page of their website as one of their "bright new members" and have a special editorial under "Women in the Spotlight" AFTER I signed on to their website and completed my bio and other personal information.

What I didn't like was that I was told in the February letter that membership was free, but when I talked to Ginny she said in order to participate in any of the benefits, I would have to pay an additional $500!!! I balked for awhile, but she kept adding more benefits and compliments about my professional background and what an asset to the organization I could be and so on. So like an egotistical DUMMY, I finally conceded, breaking my rule of giving out critical identification (that should have been the warning flag right there, when they asked me for credit card info and social security info) because I believed they were a reputable organization (the fancy website really had me fooled - I should have done more investigating in February when I got the initial letter!).

I was told I would receive a packet in the mail and consequential emails, but I have NEVER been able to reach them by phone! I refused to log on (the packet did have a username and password enclosed) because that would only further substantiate my membership (which was I trying to cancel immediately after I received the packet because I was so uncomfortable after giving them vital indentification data). I have never seen a follow-up email as promised either!

I have submitted a "Chargeback Disputed Item" letter to my credit card company and I am including some comments/letters regarding this crooked company and the founder (Matt Proman) I found on this site as well as other sites. I just hope the credit card company accepts this and gets my money back. That's the only way I see how I am going to get a response from this company!

DO NOT SUCCUMB to their compliments, bribary or high-pressure selling! This company is a RIPOFF!

AnonVictim
Oregon City, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2009 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Association-For-Professional-Women-NAPW/Garden-City-New-York-11530/INVESTIGATION-NAPW-and-Matt-Proman-committed-to-100-customer-satisfaction-NAPW-Nation-419091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Association For Professional Women (NAPW)

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

Creepy high pressure sales tactics. Wow, be very, very careful when you commit to anything with this organization. "Eddie" seemed to be a ficticious name of a person that would follows up with people who want to cancel -- but the automatic, unauthorized renewal on my credit card was particularly eggregious.

I'm sure they have members that may be happy with the NAPW but they should do something about improving their negative image because not very many professional women would want their names associated with an organization that is being accused of being fraudulent. Never mind that in the sales approach you are the best thing since sliced bread and then when you call to cancel you are given a serious run-around!