Complaint Review: National Association Of Credit Services Aka Preffered Merchants Card

• Submitted: Tue, July 29, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, October 23, 2004

• Reported By:san mateo California
National Association Of Credit Services Aka Preffered Merchants Card
8081 38th Ave N St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

National Association Of Credit Services Aka Preffered Merchants Card ripoff ripoff fraud business tricked and lied to me screwed many others St. Petersburg Florida

*Consumer Comment: NACS is a HUGE SCAM.... Don't buy into it.. Do yourself a FAVOR! Rip OFF REPORT - thanks... you've saved the day again

*Consumer Comment: Phil, ..YOU must be the ONLY person happy with this "Card".

*UPDATE Employee: Thats so not true its laughable ..This company does nothing to help anyone besides Steven The owner

*Consumer Comment: preffered merchant since 2000

Several months ago I got a call from person who told me that they were a credit card company called NCAS. they told me that they were offering me a "credit card" with a credit limit of $2500.00 and all I had to do was pay them $200.00 to pay for the deposit and myself not having any credit they explained to me that the deposit was to cover any balance if I did not pay my bill. So I thought it was a good idea.

They told me to look for a letter in the mail which I will need to sign and send back, they referred to it as a signture card so that they have my signture on file so if I were to report my "credit card" they will have it on file and know not to pay for the purchase and once they got the letter back they would send the card and would recieve it in about 5-10 days.

Well I did what they said, I signed it and sent it back to them well three weeks later I recieve a large sized envelope in the mail, I thought why would they send such a large thick envelope for a credit card. I open it and find a card with no visa logo and two catalogs.

I call the company and explained to them they sent me a catalog and yet no credit card, thats when they tell me it is not a credit card it is a merchants card and it is only used to buy products.

So here is where the rip-off and catch comes in, you have to buy they things and pay them 35% along with 7% for tax and shipping charges, then you have to wait 4-6 weeks to get your things back.

I called them back the next day and told them that I will mail them the catalogs back and I want my money back, they tell me that if I want to cancel my "membership" that I have to pay them an additional $65.00, also another thing is, if you stay with them their is an annual membership fee of $120.00.

So where do I get an satisfactory service in this and how do I benefit? Well thats the problem, I DON'T!! I got riped off and didnt even know it till I came across this site, and on top of it all they refuse to give me back my $200.00 that they electroniclly took out from my bank account, which is not closed and I am stuck with two catalogs that I have no intentions of ever ordering anything out of because it is nothing but JUNK anyways.

So can someone help me out here? This happened back in november of last year but they actually didnt take the money from my account till May of this year cause I kept putting off the date to make the payment of $200.00 because I could not afford it till May. So is it to late for me to get my money back? Someone please help me.

san mateo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2003 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Association-Of-Credit-Services-Aka-Preffered-Merchants-Card/St-Petersburg-Florida-33710-2443/National-Association-Of-Credit-Services-Aka-Preffered-Merchants-Card-ripoff-ripoff-fraud-b-64853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Association Of Credit Services Aka Preffered Merchants Card

AUTHOR: Veronica - (U.S.A.)

To Donna in FW: I couldn't agree with you more. Phil must be either 1) out of his mind and not up with the current affairs of the world...or 2) out of his mind and not up with anything in the world. How dare him say that these people who were burned are ignorant and didn't listen to what the looser telemarketers were saying on the phone. Has it ever occurred to him that these marketers LIE?

I for one was contacted by these marketers, and by the way PHIL, I hear perfectly well. Nothing was ever said about a catalog card. In fact I asked the question 3 times just to make sure I was getting the info correct "are you sure this is a VISA or MC credit card, and not a card I can only use in a catalog???" They assured me that is WAS a CREDIT CARD, a visa or MC my choice. Now that doesn't sound like "not listening".

Phil you need to recognize something...maybe you were fortunate and the marketer who called you was telling you like it really was and you were silly enough to buy the darn thing. I sure don't know of another living person who wants one of those cards you have, and who would want to pay for it upfront even if they did want it?? But you may have been the only lucky person who was told the truth. The rest of these marketers are trained to lie and that's exactly what is going on. We are lied to, and then sent crap in the mail for our money, then you can't get any help from them when you try to call them back. Don't go judging any of these people you don't know. You have no idea what they went through, don't act like a know-it-all. Don't call me a ignorant either because I guarantee you, I know what I'm talking about and so does Donna. We all do, or else we wouldn't be putting our reports in to RiP Off Report. Don't you think we all have more important things to do in our day than to put in false reports about a company just because we changed our mind or were upset or whatever?

Get a life Phil, you ARE the ONLY person alive who will be putting in a positive report about that catalog card. I would wager on it.....And if it wasn't for Rip Off Report, a lot of these other people wouldn't be the wiser to these companies who are day in and day out ripping off innocent people who only want to re-build their credit and do right in the world.

The only difference between US and you Phil, is that we were scammed unknowingly.....you were scammed and wanted it. Rip OFF REPORT - thanks... you've saved the day again. Don't ever leave the Internet - We Love you.....

Phil, ..YOU must be the ONLY person happy with this "Card".

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

Phil of Michigan..YOU must be the ONLY person happy with this "Card". I have just finished reading tons of reports about this company, and all of its "affiliates" The BankFrist, a state bank in South Dakota is a bit upset that they are using their DBA as a "back-up" too, NACS company has no authorization to do so! (OR any of the other alias DBA's.

PMC / NTCS of New York / Meridian Financial / Financial Processing Center. ALL of these are very questionable enterprises by themselves, and yet you claim to be happy with it? WHY? ANYONE can order from a catalog, thousands of catalogs, and all they have to pay is for the item, and shipping! There is NO UPFRONT FEE! The website that has your "catalog" for online shoppers is conceniently not working. I do not believe you are a happy CUSTOMER, especially the way you talked down to Desarie, and called the people "ignorant" YOUR COMPANY(S), my frined, are going to be checked into!

AUTHOR: Cal - (U.S.A.)

To all that read this. The rebutal comments you have just read are so full of C***. This company does nothing to help anyone besides Steven (The owner) They are taking peoples hard earned money for nothing. They don't rebuild credit, They just take money from hard working people.

Those who do this (Work for this company) are as bad as the guy who started and owns the company. They know they are criminals and eventually with help from those with the information, that the
authorities need will no longer be able to hurt innocent people like yourself.

Call your state attorney general and the federal trade commision. they have alot of information on this company and its activities. Many past and present employees are helping the authorities to end this companies reign of terror on innocent victoms such as yourself.

preffered merchant since 2000

AUTHOR: Phil - (U.S.A.)

first of all desirae,
I have read all of your and other "unsatisfied" customers reports and am confused. When I opened my account I made a verbal contract in which they explained the credit card(and by the way a credit card is something with a credit limit is it not?)and the terms and conditions of the account and asked me if i agreed,they also explained it wasnt a visa,mastercard,etc,.If i didnt agree or understand I could have easily said "no".What I think the problem is with the people posting complaints about this company is they simply didnt listen to what they agreed upon, and are just mad at them selves. If you open a credit account with a business and didnt listen or read the contract is it that companies fault,I dont believe so. They tell you its a one time non cash negotiable deposit and that it will be returned to them in the form of certificates that are used to make purchases in the catalogs.Now you say "everytime" you make an order you have to put a 35% downpayment,which is true but its only for the first 3 purchases and thats to build a standing with the company,i'd say its pretty fair considering they are helping you rebuild your credit,you do have bad credit dont you desirae?.
Also there is absoulutely no "annual fee" the 120 a year is if you agree to gold status which gives you 50% off everything in their catalog-get your facts straight before you make accusations about a company.

basically, Im writing this because i too was unhappy at one time with my preffered merchants account,I called their customer service number upset and they did whatever they could to satisfy my account.The company gave me gold status at no cost for a year which I considered a respectable move.And since then they have helped me re-estabilish my credit like they promised.I have a high beacon score on my credit report,a new house and no problems getting a major credit card.I would like to thank the national assosiation for credit services for helping me,And truly apoligize for these customers that are obviously ignorant and dont listen.I hold my preffered merchants card in the air proudly,and can say I am a satisfied customer.