Complaint Review: National Association Of Professional Women

• Submitted: Mon, September 08, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 08, 2008

• Reported By:DFW Texas
National Association Of Professional Women
http://www.napw.com/ Garden City, New York U.S.A.

INVESTIGATION: NAPW and Matt Proman committed to 100% customer satisfaction. NAPW - National Association of Professional Women and its President, Matt Proman, have implemented a program of awareness, training and oversight to guarantee positive interaction with all prospective members. Garden City, NY
*UPDATE: Rip-off Report Investigation - NAPW recognized by Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a safe business service - NAPW pledges to always resolve any issues, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with NAPW

Rip-off Report Investigation: Editors UPDATE: Positive Rating and Recognition has been given to NAPW -- National Association of Professional Women for its Commitment to Excellence in customer service. Rip-off Reports investigation of NAPW uncovers an ongoing commitment to total member satisfaction. This means that members and prospective members can expect the company will always work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. More importantly, NAPW is committed to protecting the value of its memberships by safeguarding its reputation through a guarantee of 100% customer service satsifaction. NAPW has listened carefully to what prospective members are saying, and has created a new, responsive program to ensure that its customer service representatives provide total satisfaction. When a company pledges that your concern will be heard by its highest-level executives, you know it is serious about your satisfaction! One top executive of the company stated to Rip-off Report that, "NAPW and its President, Matt Proman, understand that the value of its membership is enhanced when the organization's reputation is sound, and, to that end, NAPW has committed to a program of total customer satisfaction. Anyone, whether a member, prospective member, or any other interested person, can have the ear of the company President and General Counsel simply by sending a comment to feedback@napw.com. Commitment of this type is extraordinary in any business, and we chose to take this step to demonstrate to the public our commitment to total satisfaction." Rip-off Report has confirmed that NAPWs approach to business includes a total customer service quality assessment. The result of which has instilled in the company's customer service representatives a hunger to provide the best possible customer service experience. Rip-off Report was pleased to learn that the company's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client satisfaction. It is our opinion that members and prospective members can feel confident that membership in NAPW provides the type of professional development opportunities women can use to take the next step in their careers. NAPW has tens of thousands of satisfied members whose professional lives have been enhanced by their membership. NAPW recognizes that complaints posted on Rip-off Report (true or not) are issues that need to be addressed and if handled correctly can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Rip-off Reports Investigation NAPW has made organizational changes allowing members and prospective members to rest assured that the company is committed to a 100% positive customer service experience. In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with NAPW Senior Management, Rip-off Report is convinced that the company has been and is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction. Read more about NAPW National Association of Professional Women Commitment to Excellence and Total Consumer Satisfaction and why consumers should feel safe, confident and secure when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. ..yes, a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike. Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,..A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works. ===================== NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED =====================

National Association Of Professional Women High Pressure Tactics to get my credit card number Garden City New York

I received a post card in the mail offering a free membership to the National Association of Professional Women. A few weeks later, I received a call from Audrey Schneider saying she needed to verify some details before I received my membership.

What I got was a 20 minute phone call asking me about my accomplishments, aspirations, what I do in my business, etc. Then she pumped with flattering talk and then hit me with the $600+ price tag. I told her I thought the membership was free...so she offered me a lower membership for $400+. She finally worked her way down to $89 for the first year. She was constantly pressuring me for my credit card information.

When I told her that I didn't want to pay the $89, she got totally rude. She told me I would get only a free listing and very few benefits and ended the conversation.

She was pretty slick...made me feel like a total loser. I decided to look it up on Google and see if this was a scam. And here are the other complaints!

I wish I could have recorded the call. I would send the tape to the FTC for a false advertising complaint. I'm sure glad I was too broke to give her my credit card number... And that is the worst part. I'm usually pretty suspicious, but this one caught me off guard because I had sent in the membership card.

I'm pissed off that they have my contact information. What a bunch of crooks.

Anonymous
DFW, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2008 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Association-Of-Professional-Women/Garden-City-New-York-11530/INVESTIGATION-NAPW-and-Matt-Proman-committed-to-100-customer-satisfaction-NAPW-Nation-371046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Association Of Professional Women